a new national monument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new national monument?

Quimby of maine give 87563 acres to someone called "United States of America."
    long time coming.

I have found places, perfect places. No sounds of traffic. Hard trees on hard land. Southern New England hung onto this for 400 years and more in civilized.
    Look at what it became.

One just has to travel some..
    I hope they give it a nice name.

Twice as big as Acadia National park, and it borders a park in existence (Baxter state park)

I was not sure where half of my family came from, I do peculiar things. Even being born and raised right outside boston. We were always finding woods to run around in.

my mom would say this butterfly was trying to tell me something. This exact butterfly is unique to maine BTW. It likes places like alaska, east over to nova scotia.
    Not all that common anymore.

That is just one butterfly.

My mom was peculiar, the nature. We found a canadian surname and a 204 year old gov't record.
    I don't need to theorize much more.
    I could weep like an indian on a hill...but no.
    I reaped the land like everyone else did.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 23, 2016, 09:23 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

one day later...
    Obama signs executive order to create the katahdin woods and waters national monument

“Since the glaciers retreated 12,000 years ago, these waterways and associated resources — the scenery, geology, flora and fauna, night skies, and more — have attracted people to this area,” the nine-page executive order states. “Native Americans still cherish these resources. Lumberjacks, river drivers and timber owners have earned their livings here. Artists, authors, scientists, conservationists, recreationists, and others have drawn knowledge and inspiration from this landscape.”
    the night sky alone still gets me.
    I have looked up in special times until my neck hurt.
    perseids..
    strawberry moon is actually close to the color they claim.

the fishing tales..katahdin region.
    Ice brooks cold in july , looking at the trout in the water to know it is yours without a cast.

I have several tales not matched anywhere I have been.
    including that white admiral butterfly.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 24, 2016, 09:58 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X