Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigslist ad.. yay or nay.

I vote it crazy.
    if this is worth 10k. My own is still selling for $21,400 like it did in 1996...now with 355k miles on it.

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5747365204.html Click image for larger version

Name:	00p0p_etzA3IIxMX8_1200x900.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1120210

$10k, with broken rocker stud that sheared off.

by 1978 standard tranny was too tough to call half ton by the wimpy standards of the wimpy tails of the wimpy frame of the day.
    Even my 1996, the last of the wimpy tails has a 3/4 ton spline count.

all due to manual tranny.
    This one was claimed to come with a 454 and thm 400...not with the truck now.
    Not that a 5 to 1 compression 150hp 454 from 1978 would float my boat.
    Not sure who in GM got away with this one.
    How in the freaking hell is it even real enough for that price.

This is right up the road from me. You now know why all my vehicles are either international or interstate.
    I like the heavy half sticker..
    never did find one for my 3/4 ton back halfed 1979 half ton (another crazy GM)
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 23, 2016, 06:20 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Hmmm? 454 powered th400 urged pickups from the factory do command the bucks.. I don't think this is one simply cuz it has the low buck step side.
    They are fancy as heck inside.

But what do I actually know.. Been wrong before...
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 23, 2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Hmmm? 454 powered th400 urged pickups from the factory do command the bucks.. I don't think this is one simply cuz it has the low buck step side.
      They are fancy as heck inside.
      I remember hammering one, a fellow airmans.
      No more than 1000 bucks. the 4 speed, 350, vibrating tin can sheet metal.
      It did make some big noises..and it is so short, tires were burning whether you liked the 500 pound back end or not.

I ran from all the GM until 1996 vortecs tugged my chevy going heart...
      I was very close to taking in a 6.2 diesel as it was a coworker at a quick lube, we joked of the downfalls. stayed real...that was 1993. That truck was 7 years old.

I still walked away from them.
      in fact, at the air base, the 80s stuff. we had the four door monsters, jacked up 4x4 from factory. All kinds of things. even had a stubby dodge with a 12v cummins (my favorite)
      hated most all of them years.

now that my memory has tidal waved..
      the 1996 got me for the a/c being so real, GM did not want it to stay dead...it was now a part of the new runtime.
      I really wanted one. Just a basic trim level could get you power everything but seats.
      talk about quiet interiors..especially that x-cab without the opening doors.
      142 inch wheel base...now at 5000 pounds. Holy cow. that was all the 70s years and older 3/4 ton weights.
      Just one door weighed in at 220 pounds for some new safety beam demanded by law.
      the 16 inch tread remained the toughest sidewall known to pickups up until a few years ago.Even now found an E rated 10 ply 3200 pound with a 112mph limit- that is still cutting edge.
      that manual tranny with gm's own special lube. amazing.
      multiport fuel injection..metric measure 350.. insane!

I'll put my truck out there for $15000 and call it a bargain.
      fairy tales suck.

speaking of fairy tales...

you know. it does get old. Give yourself a week in this.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 23, 2016, 08:10 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X