Please Send Good JuJu My Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Send Good JuJu My Way

Over the past few weeks my left eye (formerly my "good" eye) has gotten cloudy, like looking thru a dirty glasses lens. I go in tomorrow to see the opthamalogist and find out what's going on with it. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and I wonder if the left lens needs changing for some reason. I trust the doc but still.....

A bit of background for those who don't know the story: After 34+ years of diabetes I've had extensive work on both eyes to keep the red-tipped cane away. The eye in question has had over 1,000 laser shots to control the growth of unneeded blood vessels (the right eye has had over 3,000), both eyes have had victromectomies (removal and replacement of the fluid) in addition to the cataract surgeries. So I'm pretty careful with my eyes and I have reason to be concerned.

Anyhow, I'll take all the good thoughts you can send my way.

Dan

Sent! Hope everything is OK!
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

hope all goes well. i have high blood sugar and am constantly concerned of the same thing in the future.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        hope all goes well. i have high blood sugar and am constantly concerned of the same thing in the future.
        Bruce - Hope you have a good endrocrinologist! Those folks are worth their weight in gold. Mine has kept me out of trouble for years but there was a time that I lived in denial and did myself a ton of damage. Starting maybe 15 years ago or so I finally got it thru my thick skull that what they were telling me MATTERED! Anyhow, if you actually follow their directions (eat right, use your insulin correctly, keep your weight down, etc.) you'll be OK. My eye issues are the result of ignoring that advice for probably 17 or more years and them chickens are still coming home to roost.

Dan

Comment

Praying for you Dan !
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

best wishes and prayers from all of us here too!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I've had laser work done.. Much better than getting cut open...still....
              Best of luck Dan. I really want you to come back to OR and be able to show you some of our hidden beauties!
              Best of luck!

Comment

Here's hoping for the best Dan - !!
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good luck Dan-Hope that all goes better than excellent for you.....
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Dan my thoughts are with you - I hope it turns out to be something easily addressed.

Comment

you have no fear Dan.
                      I'd go blind and one legged still driving my manual transmission truck before I went to a doctor...ignoring the stomach ulcer coming out of my right foot as something like peppermint.

not to be sarcastic...
                      I just got back from the veterans hospital, togus maine.
                      Peeking around, looking at signs, waiting for my neighbor to come out.

Upon meeting and talking, I have the same symptoms in the bowels he had since 1994...including an incredible amount of tobacco habit.
                      I am glad to drive him around. Viet nam vet.. then 15 years in puerto rico.

The injuries are as dynamic as the doctors.
                      Hope you get the best.

my path is a nightmare. An astronaut speaking health gibberish makes more sense in my life.

Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

good luck dan,
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I'd send some to you, but the USPS doesn't allow alcoholic beverages through the mail
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A sixpack of good JuJu is appreciated - though I don't DO alcohol (part of the diabetes stuff).

And THANKS all for the good wishes. Hopefully I won't need 'em!

Dan

Comment

How about these ? They are sugar-free.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X