They Killed 300 Chargers, Drove Them Extinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Killed 300 Chargers, Drove Them Extinct

I'm not and never will be a Mopar guy, but DANG. We've had a thread about this here before if I remember a long time back. According to this, they killed 300 Chargers filming that goofy TV show. DANG. That's just wrong. That's just the wrong thing to do as human beings.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I enjoyed watching those 300 Chargers get jumped to their death. They made nearly 70,000 of them so meh?

Forgot to say that a guy up here bought one of the real deal General Lees. Very cool car with lots of paperwork to prove its provenience.
    Last edited by ratpatrol66; September 5, 2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I've heard as few as 200 and as manys as 2500 . What really blows me away is I think there are more tribute cars than t.v. cars , what would make any sane person spending 5000 to 30000 to restore a charger paint it orange put the flag of a loosing "team" on the roof and worst of all put a push bar on the front of it . I mean really did that show really leave that mush of an impression on them .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Watched a couple of shows, never fell for it,dreadful story lines and acting.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
          I have two words for you. Daisy Dukes.

If you got past Catherine Bach in her Daisy Dukes and winsome Southern ways; through the chase scenes to whatever else was there (I never got further then Catherine Bach) after... son, I've some bad news for you that will not be news to your friends

Heck, it was only last year that I heard that some guy on that show was one of those Country/Western stars.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
            Did you not watch any t.v. in the 80's.. it all was bad acting and campy.. EVEN across the pond..
            Benny Hill, anyone??

Comment

Drove them extinct, P? Since we still have loads of them showing up for car shows, I'd say your statement is wrongheaded. Or at the very least, you're just trying to start some shit.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Those cars are far from extinct. AMD sells the whole car in pieces, you supply 'tags' from a donor rotbucket.

Comment

"According to this, they killed 300 Chargers filming that goofy TV show. DANG. That's just wrong. That's just the wrong thing to do as human beings."

​American teenagers in the late 70's and owners in the Rust Belt killed way more.

Comment

Only reason, the 80's generation has a love for this car is that show.. not the one in bullet,, not the fast and fur.. The Dukes of Hazzard..
                    I'll bet that show, along with Hardcastle and McCormick,Nightrider. made more kids into car guys than any other thing at the time.. as car hobby, was a yawn back then, drive to a show, whip out lawn chairs, and dust it off every hour..
                    You'll also note, that most of those that brought the hobby out of the billet,big money paint job, trailer queens, to drive the wheels off it, painted or not.. was this same group as those that had their eyeballs watching vehicles fly, crash, spin, smoke the tires, or long rooster tails of dirt/dust..
                    Maybe if the kids of today had this type t.v. shows they be more into cars..
                    just look at what the f'n'f did to the import crowd.. it got allot bigger when the first few movies came out..

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                      Drove them extinct, P? Since we still have loads of them showing up for car shows, I'd say your statement is wrongheaded. Or at the very least, you're just trying to start some shit.
                      Okay, a drastic overstatement on my part. I got that mindset from the text of one of the slides in the slide show that said they couldn't get ENOUGH of them to keep filming the show, they were leaving notes on Charger windshields in parking lots and stuff offering to buy the car for the show and such.

Okay, they're not extinct, but I don't hardly want one anyway. And yep, Daisy Duke in the cutoff shorts. And in retrospect she really wasn't all that great looking by today's standards, whatever those standards are, but those shorts were.

Comment

It's called hyperbole, and even I have been known to engage in it.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          It's called hyperbole, and even I have been known to engage in it.
                          And there I thought hyperbole was that huge-ass water dish we left for Kenny to drink out of when we went away and left him in the house by himself for a whole week.

Comment

And there I thought hyperbole was that huge-ass water dish we left for Kenny to drink out of when we went away and left him in the house by himself for a whole week.
                            First time you made me laugh in months.

Comment

I thought it was a football event, but whaddaikno?

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X