Cat Psychology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Psychology

There's no such thing as cat psychology. We've got a tall tower for food, one of those things that dispenses food by gravity, it holds about 5 pounds of cat food. It worked okay when we went away for a week. I asked Superman to come and check on the cat some whatever day that week, if you smell anything dead, just call my cell phone, we'll know what to expect when we get back home. There's no way Superman would ever SEE Kenny, when he hears a noise, he's gone to cat space somewhere.

So Kenny's got this food dispenser (remember that's HIS, not ours) , and every few days he decides to try to eat all of what's in it. Unit's standing over him telling him, nobody's ever going to get your food, this is not a contest! Pace yourself!

Well, Kenny eats all he can hold and then he makes it about 7 feet to wherever the new carpet is, and, hack hack, choke, SPLARF. There's a whole a cat stomach's worth of new cat food on the carpet. Like new, if you don't get him away from it, he'll try to eat it again.

My new boss lady was talking today, they've got a psychotic cat too. Theirs was having stress fits in the house. It was stuck in the house. Chewing off all of its own fur. The vet recommended a cat psychologist. We're talking Dr. Phil or the Cat Whisperer, she said no way. So they moved here and put the cat outside. She says, the cat delivers killed animals (rats, birds, small snakes, etc.) to their doorstep, like cats do. Brand new happy cat. Fixed.

The cat wanted to hunt, that's all it wanted to do. And it can't hunt in the house. Hence, the stress.
    Last edited by pdub; September 26, 2016, 05:40 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

They are just fluffy little murder machines.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      They are just fluffy little murder machines.
      Well, Unit likes and tries to humanize everything. Sure, I do it too - We've named our cars. One day I said I'm going to put that bag of empty cans in Red and take them to recycle. Unit said, "Red doesn't want a bag of cans in his trunk!" She LOVES Red.

And Kenny, he's (sort of) great to have around, another four feet on the floor in our house, stomping around when he's awake, and for sure something to talk about and observe. But cats and cars are not humans, no matter how you cut it.

Comment

I don't like cats and they don't like me.

Comment

I'm allergic so the darn things LOVE me. Put me in a building with a cat somewhere in it and it'll be trying to climb in my lap in a parsec. They do NOT like being told to go away. Love my big Poodles. He made Dan B a believer in about 15 minutes.

Dan

Comment

Simple logic man.

Obviously he likes a warm dinner. On clean linen.

Indulge the dude some.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
              I don't like cats and they don't like me.
              same here.
              my stepmom has had several cats, I house sit and they hide from me.

once and awhile, she gets a male alpha tactical one.
              they love me.
              I guess I am a wolf that accepts them in my pack.

those end up the easiest to care for as well...

it is people psychology with the pets, the pets are just there in your castle.
              the pussyfooter cats...
              ..don't even get me started.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Pretty sure I have eaten cat before.... listed as teriyaki chicken at a Chinese restaurant.
                Didn't look or taste like any yardbird I had ever eaten before.
                Won't order THAT again.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Cats - the other white meat.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I see the cat looking at me all the time. Licking its chops, plotting just how to exploit any weakness, how to bring down a fellow predator 20 times its size.

So I look back. And ponder just which cut of cat would best fill a nice Kaiser Bun. With mayo and cheese.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      Licking its chops, plotting just how to exploit any weakness, how to bring down a fellow predator 20 times its size.
                      Isn't that what the food chain is all about after all?

Click image for larger version

Name:	larson-1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1124972

Comment

For every sorted and chill cat out there, there are three unhinged little homicidal muffins known as kittens out there, waiting.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I love pussy..pussy cats? Not so much..
                          House cats are the only animal that kills for sport other than humans...

Comment

Dog psychology: "You feed me, give me a nice place to sleep, love me, play with me, clean up after me... you must be God."

Cat psychology: "You feed me, give me a nice place to sleep, love me, play with me, clean up after me... I must be God."
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You got it, Schtauffer..
                              My wife has 3 of the damn things, I pet NONE of them.. They stay away from me...
                              I think maybe my clumsiness stepped on them one time too many?

Comment

Working...
                              X