Good deal, or getting hosed? '97 Ram SLT Laramie 4x4......$2800.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal, or getting hosed? '97 Ram SLT Laramie 4x4......$2800.00

OK, found a truck I'm interested in...Mopar guys/gals/Freiburger, I could use your input!

1997 Ram Laramie SLT, reg. cab/longbed...maroon/gray...4x4, 360/auto, Flowmaster exhaust.

Has 89k actual, has a 6"-8" lift kit with 38" M/T's(15x10)..front tires are kinda worn in the middle, will want to put smaller tires(31's, 32's?) and narrower wheels on it if I get it so I can use it to pull a trailer, not to mention easier on front suspension....runs great, transfer case does work. Interior's a little dirty, but nothing too bad. Has a broken exhaust manifold bolt on right rear, but shouldn't present too much of a challenge.

It's at an impound lot(towed for expired plates, illegal aliens own it but can't provide legal proof of ownership/license), will be ready to sell Friday. $2800.00

I know it's not easy to judge if it isn't in front of you, but based on the info given here....deal or no deal?

Re: Good deal, or getting hosed? '97 Ram SLT Laramie 4x4......$2800.00

According to KBB site ( http://www.kbb.com/KBB/Default.aspx ) it don't look like a bad deal...... Low trade in is about $3200 ;) And thats with no add on's

MM64 8)

Comment

You better see if it has a clean title for it, if it dont walk away

Comment

Thanks, man....appreciate it!

I looked it over real hard today.....don't know the manufacturer of the lift kit, but it looks to be a pro job. Drivetrain, with the exception of the 1-into-2 Flowmaster and twicepipes, looks to be stock and in good condition(excluding the popped ex. man. bolt).

Will put a set of black steel wheels on it(the ones with the simulated beadlocks look kinda gnarly) with a stock offset and skinnier tires if I get it(the 38"s and the 15x10's look goofy).

Can't believe I'm getting all mushy over a Dodge, but I guess that's how it starts....

Title will be clean as a whistle, has sat in the impound yard for a good while. they've checked it all out, all comes up in the clear....I know the guy that owns the yard/towing service, all above the board.

Comment

Working...
        X