my turn to be on tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my turn to be on tv

this sunday Oct 2nd you might see on national television ... no, you will see me, lol

Earlier this year Matt Graves of American Powertrain fame sent me some bacon from eastern Tennessee and when it showed up at my door step i could smell it, it had leaked a lil bit and had soaked the box it came in, I brought the box in the house and my beagle Toby went bat shit crazy with the smell, after a couple minutes of fighting with him trying to get him away from the box I took Toby and the box of bacon outside to make a video to post to FB and show Matt and tell him thank you.

well the video went better than expected and after showing my wife and kids they said I should submit it to AFV ... also known as Americans Funniest Home Videos and that was in March of this year, didnt hear anything, didnt put any thought into it then out of the blue in early August i get a phone call from AFV asking me questions about the video, Toby, and myself and they tell me the clip will air on a futire episode, very cool !

a week goes by and then i get another phone call from the same person I spoke with the previous week, she tells me we have been selected as a finalist and want to fly us out to LA to film a future episode ... HOLY SHIT !!! so at the end of August the wife and me fly out to Cali early on a saturday, we filmed on sunday, flew back on monday. The whole expirence was flippin awsum, stayed at a incredible resort that is right next to the studio, went to the beach, got to see a california sunset again spent 4 hours in a cold studio filming a 42 minute show LOL.

so tune in on October 2nd to your local ABC network to see the wife, me and a bacon beggin beagle lol
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

dang, I wish we got that channel.

I'm sure it'll be on youtube eventually, be sure to post a link

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

ABC.... Another Bacon Channel?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

good luck, Chad told me about this, was waiting to hear when the show was going to be broadcast. good luck!!
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Toby was made for TV - the Better Bacon Beagle.
          Cool deal Charles.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

very cool! My oldest son, Charles 3 was supposed to be ring barer at my bro-in-laws wedding when he was 2-3 yrs old(he'll be 27 in november) anyway then video from the wedding and the, ahhhhh, level of disapproval for being in the wedding and infront of all the people made the show. He was just a video in a group of wedding fiascos, but.. funny he got a tshirt in the mail, but it didnt fit him until he like 10.

good job!
            Charles

Comment

EPIC, awesome and all of those things!!!!!!!!
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Will tune in for sure. ABC... Absolute Bacon Champions!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                    Will tune in for sure. ABC... Absolute Bacon Champions!
                    Another Beagle Chewing. HAHAHAHAAH!!! We'll be all over it, 7:00 p.m. our time, we wouldn't miss that for the world. Good luck Charles! HahaHaH!! Whatta cool deal. We know somebody on national TV! You can't beat that.

Comment

I'll be on my way home but I'll check it out on the dvr monday .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Bump for Toby on TV tonight -
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Bump for Toby on TV tonight -
                          RE-bump. One hour 15 minutes until show time in our time zone. Go Toby GO! We're all in. This is gonna be just too cool.

Comment

21 minutes....

Comment

Congrats!!!
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X