Michigan Madness - My Projects Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Madness - My Projects Thread

alright, I am steve and I hail from south west Michigan ( between kalamazoo and benten harbor) my home town ( which is a mile up the road) is just a mile square and the most that was there, was a small general store, an even smaller post office, and my dads place! not kidding he was the only other business in town. he was a mechanic and wrecker service and was originally a farm boy. so yah, we tend to do things the less conventional way! and we love it!

he is old school poncho and well I like them all! I can get into most types of cars/trucks/bikes/creations and appreciate the work that goes into something like this and the pride that people carry.. I am a little bias on some things and it is just my opinion but that is why I love this country, because just as much as the owner loves it , I have the freedom to disagree!! and there is not too much on the list really.. cambered out anything but a real racecar, stretched tires on most things ( the biggest offenders are the over cambered cars and this new fad of pickups with 35' tires and 20x15 wheels that are stretched and stick way out..uggh. ) but as long as it don't pose a safety hazard to me or others sharing the road then I just shake my head and keep going!

I get into well just about anything! I could be here all day with what I have had and done, but I will make it short with I have my first car still, a 1972 LeMans that I drove in high school ( about 1996, yah I am not that old.. ) and intend to start getting her back on the road, because.. it is about darn time! my current projects are.. ( and this is a shorter list than normal!)

2002 1500 avalanche - daily driver/work horse not too much, but have a few lights and other do dads I am fussing with

2002 40th grand prix gtp - wifes daily, mostly visual mods

1972 LeMans - my first car and soon to be under construction

1968 Jeep Waggoner - cruiser/offroad lifted to clear H1 wheels tires ( 37'' dual beadlock) on d60/14ff with 9.25/1 455 Pontiac th400 np205, caddy seats

2001 Cherokee wife/shared dedicated offroad toy 3'' 35's warn 9.5ti locked/welded, getting custom long arms and half ton dodge axles

1991 Camaro - wifes summer car. has 305/700r4 open 2.73 and is getting 9:1 355 fresh 700r4 with shift kit, 3.73 posi

1989 gl1500 Goldwing my decent/good weather transportation, lighting upgrades (led pod lights, projector/hid retro) darkside (rear car tire) trailers in works

2007 Yamaha FZ6 - wifes other summer toy. mostly visual/lighting and pipes

I have had as many as 4 grand prix at one time, drive 1-3 and have 1-2 for winter beaters and have parted/scraped many many more. have also had 2-4 jeeps same way. I do a lot of buy 2-4 (usually 1-2 at a time) and make one to keep or sell and part scrap the rest. this gives me what I want and usually make a little or break even to do so. I do buy/fix/sell some too..

anyway if figure I will make this my little project thread ( did this in another board, that is now shut down, and darn it I like to share! ) I will try to keep most of the sharing to mechanical things, but the occasional house project or something may pop in there. I usually use photobucket but am considering trying something different. but as I do most of my posting either with my phone or random computers at work my options are limited.

I will jump in soon with my current project, that is building a couple trailers to use with my bike. ( an in tow with the bike) I will back fill and do what I can to not leave to many empty spots but I have so much missing from my other thread and you guys just don't know all my crazy just yet. so I may reshare a few things too... like offroading a 2001 grand prix, I will just say that I made it go were some trucks and 4x4 were struggling and was airborn no less than a dozen times that day! and yes I had a helmet and neck brace, because I know me!!

oh and Mater can verify much of my crazy and to a large degree we share our off color dealings... literally!
    Last edited by bigdog9191999; October 4, 2016, 03:05 PM.

welcome, being that diverse is why I chose bangshift.
    I am all over the place random.. sparse.
    I even put bulldozer mufflers on a W900 kenworth..made a simple video.

love the thought of the goldwing.(nice bike)

each vehicle can get its own thread in project builds.
    I assume a moderator can sort stuff out.

I had one grand prix, 1984 LE. Floor shifter/t-tops and chevy 305 by factory. Loved it to death.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Other stuff.. Pretty cool.. The Gold Wing Hmmm I like the Goldies!
      Welcome to the nuthouse!

Comment

makes me feel like I am hogging if I do a thread for each, besides with doing most of it from my phone it is far easier to just dump all in one thread instead of finding each one and doing small things in each one. I tend to do multiple things on days off and easy to do it all in one shot.

unless mods prefer I do it that way.. I just see hassle, both for me and them.

but thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Cool. Also like Wagoneers, XJ's as it happens. Don't forget a pic here-and-there...

Comment

i forgot about the poncho powered waggie
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

There is plenty of room in the project cars section . This way there will be some order to it and if someone else has a problem or a good idea they can find it and maybe help them out . House stuff or garage yeah that would be general discussion stuff . I do 98% of my stuff on the phone its not hard . Anyway those are just my suggestions . I don't run the place . Glad to have you here . This is the perfect place for you cause we like everything with engines . Tractors, trucks ,cars , semis , Lawn tractors , bikes , motorcycles , go karts , golf karts , house repairs , garages , barns . Again glad to have you here. What took you so long ?
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Welcome to my breakdown! (A. Cooper). We're crazy but generally harmless. We only do 350s in Camaros and 5.0 Mustangs so you'll have to stick with ordinary stuff.

NOT!!!!!! The weirder the better.

I agree with Dan B - it's only digital bits so feel free to make a thread in the Project Cars section for each vehicle. I use mine for a build log and I frequently look back to see how (or WHY) I did what I did and it's really helpful. I'm old and have a VERY active forgetter (opposite of memory, IIRC).

EDIT: I'm a retiree here in coastal NC but originally from Ann Arbor and went to school at Ferris so I can relate to the Michigan stuff.

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; October 4, 2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

well alright then I will start some threads! like many most wont see a lot of action often. but I will do them up!

what about stuff like my little trailers? own thread or?? I mean the one I intend to do for the bike only but the other I figure although used mostly with the bike can be used behind about anything and possibly the bike on it. or maybe just in this thread or start another for it in the general?!

whatever is fine by me, I mean believe me I have nooooo problem inconveniencing some pixels! and will get to it in short order!

Comment

as for what took so long... that is a good question.. probably because I didn't know about it. and when I first learned I was very busy with work and some other things. and now I have some boredom and no place to share the fun! not sure how it will go later on as In the spring I am looking to switch jobs and my free time will change a bit, but not sure how it will affect my posting..

right now I am armed nuclear security and have locations were I have wifi and or computer access. in the sping I am looking to get into regional truck driving. should put me home most weekends and possibly a day here or there during the week. but will have to wait and see how that goes.

and the more I think about it I will cross link my stuff together..like make link in my sig to this thread, and in the first post of this I will add links for each vehicle thread as I make them! then just keep my non vehicle stuff to this thread.

and I wlll ad pics of off the stuff in here also.. cause I know we all like pics!!!!! I mean duhh.. whats not to like with pics!..

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog9191999 View Post
                      well alright then I will start some threads!
                      Welcome to the madness .. better get to work, we love diversity !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Welcome to the madness .. better get to work, we love diversity !
                        at this rate it is gonna take some time.. doing a good share on my phone and for every link I grab it reloads the page completely so that is taking some time.. does the board support tapatalk? that would make it go smoother. or I need to find a place to host my pics that isn't blocked on the work pc's that I can upload to and link on the computer.

Comment

I post my pics directly off my desktop and onto BangShift - no clue if that works on a phone. There's a pretty simple process laid out in a sticky at the top of the "General" category. I have a dumb phone and I'm happy with that! I used to host them (can't remember the app) and that worked, too.

Dan

Comment

yah I tried doing some poking around trying to make some posts and every time I grab a link for a pic it refreshes the page when I go back to it. so posting pics with the phone are gonna be one per post right now.. so that will be slow going.. I will have to start bringing my netbook with me again so I can do it on a computer.. but I can also tell I am out of habit as many of the pics I would usually share I have not uploaded yet. ( newest stuff) but I did get pics added to the first post of what each is!

Comment

Hey! A neighbor!

Bill here, from Lansing, Mi.
                              You'll love it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X