Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just finished beating on my buddies new car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just finished beating on my buddies new car...

he calls at 10 to 8 this morning ,on my day off..guess where i was?? >

i hadnt seen him since february, he's been having GF probs so he was hanging low...says he bought a Saturn Sky....i asked 'WTF did you do that for? is it for her?" "no dude, its for me..."...what about your 65?? says he is gonna finish it later...(vette with sweet dominator,dart and jesel equipped sbc)

"OK come on over...you still know how to get here??" no..so i give him directions..he get lost and get here three hours later.... :

well , 5 minutes after i sat my little ass in that car i proceeded to eat my words...what a ball!! it feels faster than it really is ..but with a 7k redline and rwd..ITS A BLAST !! ;D ;D its on rails...more fun than a vette,handing wise that is.... ;D

spent he afternoon driving,logging about 150 miles and getting up to speed with my best friend....

it was cool.

al
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Re: i just finished beating on my buddies new car...

guess I havnt seen one yet, anyone got a pic?? sounds like a cool time!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71
      guess I havnt seen one yet, anyone got a pic?? sounds like a cool time!
      It's the Saturn Solstice

Comment

redline ? turbo ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle

It's a good life when a friend and a car can make all things right for even the smallest of moments.
          I second that.

Comment

up here in canada,its the solstice' cousin-that looks much better....i still cant wrap my head around the saturn nameplate....but with todays new cars i am trying hard not to be biased... ??? :

i am still a numbnut when it comes to attaching pics-sorry :-[

its a cool car....we may hit PT09 with it if i can move a week vacation over earlier.

al

Comment

My buddy has a white turbo that his wife drives. He says its really a good car and hauls ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                Originally posted by nosnerd
                i am still a numbnut when it comes to attaching pics-sorry :-[
                if you have them on a server, like Photobucket or similar, it's cake. You can copy the image path, which has to be a remote server on this forum, no storage here...by right clicking, then just paste it into your post. There's no uploading to this site, but you link to wherever your image is stored.

step one - upload (BIG button on Photobucket). If we know where they are on the webnet, it's cake from there.

i have tons of pictures that i should upload to PB....maybe on my next day off,it will rain so i can do this......then i will link link link!!!

thnx beags!

al

Comment

The girl I work with has one with a turbo. Last summer her and her husband had it out for a memorial ride/cruise I was at; it started to rain, and that thing was all over the road. Very skaty in the rain. She loves it, says its a blast to drive.

They also just got a G8 GT, so they have a nice pair of rides in the garage. Oh yeah, and a Duramax pickup. Must be nice.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                    The girl I work with has one with a turbo. Last summer her and her husband had it out for a memorial ride/cruise I was at; it started to rain, and that thing was all over the road. Very skaty in the rain. She loves it, says its a blast to drive.

They also just got a G8 GT, so they have a nice pair of rides in the garage. Oh yeah, and a Duramax pickup. Must be nice.
                    like my dad always said " they don't have any money in the bank "
                    he was right -retired at 56 , lives on the beach , life is good

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      Originally posted by Schtauffer

like my dad always said " they don't have any money in the bank "
                      he was right -retired at 56 , lives on the beach , life is good
                      I have friends like that,they have it all except that, and my wife says the same thing to me when I complain.But jeez just one
                      time id like to have the newest car or the fastest,Its always the opposite for me but im still a happy guy :D

Comment

our wives must be friends??? :

Comment

Working...
                        X