No announcement yet.

Wading into the Deep End of the Car Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a possibility he meant for you to bundle two together, could be a weight thing. Ok you Bangshift shipping guys chime in!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

bet you are to tape 2 boxes together.. making 2) 1 of 1..
      as ups is up to 70 lb before the surcharge for over 70 lb's

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
        bet you are to tape 2 boxes together.. making 2) 1 of 1..
        as ups is up to 70 lb before the surcharge for over 70 lb's
        Makes sense, maybe. but these wheels in the box are 38 pounds apiece all told, feathers and stuffing and stickers. Pigs. Over 70 pounds if you tape two together. And they didn't come that way, they were in 4 separate boxes. Whatever, I've learned to expect just about anything.

With all the buying, tonight I spied a small box on the work bench, I think they were supposed to be an extra set of brake pads for the back wheels. Unopened. I tore it open....those pads are for the space shuttle or something, they don't fit anything we have and by now I can't remember where they came from and don't want to go through the hassle of figuring it out or sending them back. There's a lot to be said for brick and mortar parts stores although the same bunch of folks are at the counter....at least maybe you can look at the part in your hand and have some idea it looks right before you take it home.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Maaaybe 2 fit the rear? But not the front?
          Did you check beth front AND rears?

Comment

What ever is most convenient is the best. I love the parts store when I need it now. Or when I want to take the old dirty part in to make sure it's the same. I love online when I need a filter later in the week and it wI'll be on my door step in two days for the same or less. The truth is we hot rodders have it pretty good.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Maaaybe 2 fit the rear? But not the front?
              Did you check beth front AND rears?
              Hello?.
              Check a rim on the rear yet?

Comment

Well, I got to the UPS store today. When the lady put the third wheel box up onto the scales and scanned it....she said, "We have a problem." Of course "we" do. We've got four boxes and two tracking numbers. Another hassle.

I left two of the wheels there and went back to work and called them. Guess who answered the phone? No doubt, the lady who who ASSURED me the wheels would clear the brake calipers on the front when I bought them.

I'm going Hmmmmm....no, don't go there, she probably doesn't remember me or this order by now. She got to whacking on the computer, she said there's something screwy with this order, she'd have to put me on hold. For a long time. I need two more UPS tracking numbers, that's what I need.

About two weeks later it seemed, she came back on the phone and said she'd sent me four tracking numbers, just to be sure. No, this thing was jinxed to start with. I used two of the labels and threw the other two away. Offending wheels sent back, search for other more better wheels ongoing.

The guy at the tire store here in town vowed to me he was going home from work this evening and he was going to find a bitching set of wheels that will fit Red and his calipers on his own computer at home, he was sincere. Driven, inspired, this was his challenge he undertook himself. How's that for customer service? Well, good luck with that, I wonder if he can click on a whole lot of other things than I can. Film at eleven on that one.
                Last edited by pdub; October 19, 2016, 05:10 PM.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                X