Big changes around here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big changes around here.

The folks on my facebook will not be surprised, but big changes going on around here tying up my time. In a span of about three weeks I've accepted a new job across the state in Reno, sold two houses (going to miss my barn ) and gone house shopping in Reno. My last day of work at the copper mine was yesterday. After a 11.5 years its a bitter sweet change and time from a work stand point. All the check boxes were right, new opportunity, more pay, bigger city, etc.

Not sure how long car stuff will be on the back burner, but currently all the cars move under their own power, and we are searching for the right place that has enough land and garage space to make me happy and a nice enough house to make her happy. This morning we put an offer in on a place that should make both of us happy and hoping they accept it or negotiate close to it. We will be in temporary housing with 90% of our stuff in storage for at least a month, maybe more depending how the house hunt goes. Mover's show up to pack up the house tomorrow, I've cleaned and organized the barn/shop over the last two weeks but will start really packing it up today.

Exciting times and hope to be back at the car stuff in December. Wife agreed, if I get the Firebird turbo'd by DW17 registration time I can register, deadlines!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Excellent news .. grab that opportunity and ride it for all it's worth. Good luck !!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Best of luck on this new adventure. You know I'm pulling for you kids along with the rest of the BSers. I'll miss having a friend in Ely but now I have an excuse to go to Reno.

So what will the new gig entail? Dealing blackjack?

Dan

Comment

Roulette wheel....

Comment

Wow. When it rains it pours,eh?

Congrats and good luck house hunting. I don't envy anyone in the act of moving a household (and shophold)!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Best of luck on this new adventure. You know I'm pulling for you kids along with the rest of the BSers. I'll miss having a friend in Ely but now I have an excuse to go to Reno.

So what will the new gig entail? Dealing blackjack?

Dan

I'm going to help get a Lithium mine going to sell Lithium to the Tesla battery factory. I don't really have that much stuff in the barn, it's just spread out. I've already consolidated it and should fit 75% or better of it in a 6x12 u-haul trailer and back of my pickup truck. The remaining stuff I'll either pick up the following week when I come back for the dog or the people buying this house are spreading the goodwill and will let me take up a corner of the barn for a couple months as needed (In December I'll get everything into Reno storage if I have to). In return we are letting them move in a week before the scheduled close of escrow because they have to be out of their house November 1. So win win.

For a triple win, I have a cousin in Reno that is into cars and motorsports (he and his wife have won the Baja 1000 a few times), and his wife loves to bake and wants grand kids, so my wife and Dmitry are going to fit right in as well. After spending a kings fortune in being competitive in the Baja races he says the fun is running out, and thinking of having fun in the $500 LeMons racing, and I told him I'm IN!
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; October 18, 2016, 12:53 PM.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

having fun in the $500 LeMons racing, and I told him I'm IN!
                Around here they call that the Chump Car Series, yeah that's gotta be fun.

Good luck man, lotsa stuff going on in your world for sure!
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Hey good luck on your new adventure Randall - - treat it as an adventure rather than a chore (the moving) and it wont' be bad at all. Personally I've had enough adventures and hope to stay put where I am at though.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Congrads and good luck..

Comment

Kid's buddy he grew up with back 15 years ago s in the milutary (career Special Forces) they talked themselves into doing the lemons next year..
                      Already got the Vics.. Guess they are al supposed to pay for everything abd we do most of h work.. 3 vics in the stable.. 2 mor to buy.. Not sure if it s to replace one of the 3 (oneis iffy) or they wanna run 5.. i'm never in the loop but go along for the ride.

Comment

So you'll be selling it all and getting a 4x4 to do the Rubicon, Fordyce, and Johnson Valley?

I can't believe how much Reno had grown when I was there in 08 - I loved it there.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wow , when ever I need to tell someone a secret but still need it kept quiet, you eill be first one the list !
                          Anyway congrats on the job and sale of the old place ......and good luck on the new place .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Congratulations and Good luck Randal.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Congratulations! Good luck on the house hunt!
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X