Fort wayne ........again .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort wayne ........again .

I've gone years without going to fort wayne . Till this year . Went thru to see the A-C-D museum about a month ago . Went thru Saturday to take my mom to Detroit and back and now my oldest son wants me to go up and look at a 1970's vintage cub cadet . Fort Wayne is probably a fine place but I really hate the trip . Once you get 30 miles from Indy on I69 its just ........nothing . Nothing at the top of the exit ramps . And this time I won't even be driving. I'd take a nap but it would probably hurt my son's feelings . Probably won't even be able to cruise the forum as I'll probably not have enough signal. 😂
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Dan, you still have enough faith to RIDE with somebody else?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well , my faith is in Someone else . I'm not out of here till He's ready . While He does expect me to use my common sense ( like not riding in a buddies new 500 horse toy ) my son in a suburban with a trailer behind it should be safe with just 290 horse . Trip is at least on hold as someone else is looking at it at 6 and we are 2 hrs away . Just got a text , now we're driving to Lebanon. Now for those that didn't think this is possible, we have one in Indiana . One hr away heading towards Chicago. That isn't nearbas bad .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Ft Wayne hasn't been the same since IH shut down around 1979.

Comment

Interesting. ME and I had our honeymoon there (well, one of 2) and had a very nice time over a long weekend. There's a BnB there that was the childhood home of a movie star (I'd have to look up who it was) and there was an excellent French restaurant in an amazingly unassuming building. Of course, that was 25+ years ago so none of that may apply today. Anyhow, I have a pretty positive feeling about Ft. Wayne.

Dan

Comment

Don't get me wrong , there is nothing wrong with Ft. Wayne . Its just the trip there .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
            X