The Garage is the Cussing Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Garage is the Cussing Zone

I propose that it's standard procedure to cuss and use lots of profanity in the garage. Even if you don't otherwise cuss and use profanity.

This afternoon, Unit decided Bluebelle's windows needed cleaning on the inside. She said I can't drive Bluebelle at Daytona if I can't see out. Cigarette smoke, it's stubborn. About all you can do is smear it all around no matter what chemical and what type of rag you use. I went and checked on her and she said, "This is hard as hell."

And when she was done trying, she came back in and said it, "Isn't the garage where you're supposed to cuss?"

I agree that it is. No matter if you're working on anything or not, whether you're even mad or frustrated about a wrench or not, the garage is the place to cuss.

I mean, even if you're just going out there to get another beer out of the garage beer fridge, it's all too easy to just take a look around and say, "Why do we still have THAT pile of shit over there?"

Yep, the garage is the cussing place. I believe that should be an American Policy.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

If you like what you do, cussing is null.

My subaru has snapped me into looking like a psychopath on a rant...
    23 vehicles, that is the only one that has done that to me.

I don't stay mad for long.. but that is a vivid truth.
    the only one that drove me to cussing...
    it was a subaru.

..I take that back.
    that jeep compass with the mr.beachy spy american engine sitting there sideways and dangling...
    cute little parts...
    so special.

f$%^^$%king pile of f$%&&**(*(*7ing shit.

Anger gone.
    ok now.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's where I use ALL my colorful language.........helps to control my emotions!
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I don't cuss . There really is no point in it . Now if I get hurt I may talk like a pirate. Arrrrrf me hand , me hand . If a wrench slips .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Not very often, anymore. There was a time.....

Now, on the smoke. A friend ran (maybe still does) a window cleaning company. He says the tough stuff comes off with Easy-Off over cleaner but mask where you don't want it. It might be OK but it might stain Bluebell's interior panels, window surrounds, and the like. No sense in finding out. My buddy sprays the stuff on, lets it sit for however long the directions say, then use however many mittfuls of paper towels it takes and scrub it off followed by standard window cleaning methods.

Dan

Comment

dis-cuss
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              dis-cuss
              Is that like un-cuss?

Comment

I am trying to limit my foul language... I have seen how it looks when people speak in words that are truely beneath them... I have spent a lifetime as a Sailor, and an Industryial maintenance man... I can see cursing when I get hurt in the short term, but, letting it carry over into daily conversation is what I would define as ridiculous...excuses for that behavior are exactly that...excuses... they are like rectums.. everyone has one and they all stink... no sense stinking from both ends...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  dis-cuss
                  dat cuss,

any ole cuss will do?
                  Charles

Comment

I cuss when the hammer misses the target and contacts thy fingers..

Comment

There was a sign on the wall behind the first local bar that I ever hung out at, some 40 years ago. It said "profanity is the feeble attempt of a dull mind to express itself forcibly". It must have had an effect on me, plus the fact that I never heard my parents or grandparents cuss. Because I never picked up the habit. Sometimes I am surprised by the coarse language i hear from certain people whose station in life would indicate their ability to express themselves more eloquently.

Comment

I'd love to find out, who decided what was a cuss word.??
                        Why, darn it.. isn't but _________ is..
                        why goss donit isn't but god dam it is..
                        why. you s.o.b. isn't but you m_ is..
                        Is it really the word.. or is it the way it is said.. ??
                        There is tons more, it seems it's because of the way the work sounds, not it's meaning..
                        Sorry a person isn't more polite or more worldly mind, when they call you a low live just in different words not on the cuss list..

Comment

I said "durn" one time when I was about 8 years old, and my mama grabbed me by the scruff of the shirt and dragged me into the bathroom and washed my mouth out with Comet. She scrubbed my tongue with it. Parents go to jail for that in this day of political correctness.

And that shit doesn't taste very good at all, believe me.

Comment

I think I extended the zone probably 200ft during the Vette rebuild! Oil dip continues, might tackle it this weekend! Cover your ears!!
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              my mama grabbed me by the scruff of the shirt and dragged me into the bathroom and washed my mouth out with Comet.
                              Up northwards our mothers were more partial to LUX or LifeBuoy. Not that I knew personally, but my older sisters' facial expression assured me it was not territory to venture into.

There is no "zone" where its appropriate or not.

There is, however, a distinct fatherly tolerance level of bs to avoid breaching at our house.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X