No announcement yet.

The Garage is the Cussing Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use cussing as an antiseptic and as pain relief.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

"profanity is the feeble attempt of a dull mind to express itself forcibly"

That's really really good. Thanks for sharing. I cuss more than I should, my lovely wife is worse, and neither of us want to hear that coming from the mouth of our Son.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

"Out of the mouths of babes"
        After my grandbabies got back from a wedding trip with their daddy, some 4-6 hrs one way.. My daughter told me to ask the oldest "What does your daddy do while he drives" She promply flips the bird..

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          "profanity is the feeble attempt of a dull mind to express itself forcibly"

That's really really good. Thanks for sharing. I cuss more than I should, my lovely wife is worse, and neither of us want to hear that coming from the mouth of our Son.

Actually, a couple recent studies have shown that people who cuss to express themselves are more creative and smarter then those who don't. no joke... and if you want to hear your dad sputter, tell him that right after he chastises you for expressing your opinion of hillary clinton (or donald trump he elicits the same reaction from others).

To me, cussing is a breadth of language issue. Sometimes the vegetarian cuss words (e.g. goshdarnit) just don't portray the import of the situation.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 25, 2016, 10:02 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            . Sometimes the vegetarian cuss words (e.g. goshdarnit) just don't portray the import of the situation.
            Vegetarian cuss words......

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              I said "durn" one time when I was about 8 years old, and my mama grabbed me by the scruff of the shirt and dragged me into the bathroom and washed my mouth out with Comet. She scrubbed my tongue with it. Parents go to jail for that in this day of political correctness.

And that shit doesn't taste very good at all, believe me.
              Never got mouth washed out with anything, the swift and hard backhander, did it's job, that you bit your tongue walking away..
              but I never did get that control when I'd mash my finger instead of a nail with a hammer..

Comment

At work too! 2 weeks ago my left thumb got caught in a walk in refrigerator door latch as I closed the door behind me. Let me say I invented a few new words as well as discovering a few new stars and planets. It was a lot worse then it looks now. The holes were to relieve the pressure. The blood squirted out a couple inches literally. To add insult to injury about a week later it got caught again between the legs of the folding ladder in my truck. If I hadn't drilled my nail it would have been half black. My thumb is still partially numb and not too much is holding the nail on right now
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Huskinhano; October 26, 2016, 12:47 PM.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Tom, I'm not looking at the pic, no way. But what you said confirms my theory that any injury on a hand/toe/finger/foot has its own irresistible force, attracting another injury.

Comment

Bummer, Tom. Keep your hands the heck out of places like that. (I've done my share of that stuff - just now getting over a broken toe that I have almost no clue of the cause).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Bummer, Tom. Keep your hands the heck out of places like that. (I've done my share of that stuff - just now getting over a broken toe that I have almost no clue of the cause).

Dan
                      No worries dan. I have 9 more.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                        No worries dan. I have 9 more.
                        When I was about 7, my bro and I were watching one of dad's truckdrivers fix his truck with a hammer and chisel.. I say to my brother, "Looky, June has only one thumb that isnt black!". June promptly whacks it with the hammer! "GO BOTHER YOUR G.D MOTHER!"
                        10 digits each one whacked and black..
                        Last edited by Deaf Bob; October 26, 2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X