Red's Finest 20 Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red's Finest 20 Minutes

Been dragging through photos and videos all weekend. SOOOOOO nice just to be off of work, just killing time and waiting on the next big thing (the blower for Red).

This is a re-post, with apologies, but this was fun to the max. 3 years ago. Fast Ed told me right here on BS which tires to get for the car to run on road courses. These lap times are not even close to fast, but since it had rained, with those tires, I was going slow SO much faster than the rest of the field for the entirety of this run. Plus, this is my first solo run ever, no instructor in the car. He got out and said, "Go for it."

I beat them all to the staging area, I'll start at the head of the pack. Sitting in the staging area for about 2 minutes. Then we go. On the 5th lap I see a car going up the hill under the bridge down into Turn 12. That's when it dawned on me.....in ten miles I've gained 2 miles on these folks, I'm gonna start lapping them. This was just too much fun. Just saying....this is why we do this sort of thing, and it sure doesn't happen every time.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

sweet memory!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
    X