68 or 69 buick le sabre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 or 69 buick le sabre

bought it told its a 68 but think it may be a 69 no title can anyone suggest a good site where they discuss this vintage buicks it has locking steering wheel

Post up a pic and I can tell you. I worked at the Buick dealer in those years and have a pretty good handle on these. The locking wheel started earlier than this (I'm remembering '66 or so though I'd have to look it up - it's been a while!).

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; October 24, 2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Post up a pic and I can tell you. I worked at the Buick dealer in those years and have a pretty good handle on these. The locking wheel started earlier than this (I'm remembering '66 or so though I'd have to look it up - it's been a while!).

Dan
      68 or 9

Comment

Dad had a 69 Pontiac Catalina with the steering lock . Thats all I've got. 🙄
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pretty sure the steering lock was added along with lot of other safety things in 1967.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

This is kind of the catch-all, be-all for anything Buick.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My 66 lemans wheel didn't lock.. but was dash ign key
              my 68 was column key and locked

Comment

So what does it have for power, 350 or 430?

Comment

That's a '69. A quick way to tell - the '68 was the only year that had a round rear side marker light. The '68 body was also more rounded while the '69 was a bit more knife-edged (like this one). I'd do the thing where you get a new title which really isn't all THAT hard, at least here in NC - but it IS a process that must be ground thru.

Dan

Comment

Yep, '69 ... another easy way to tell is the grill. Here's a '68;

Comment

thanks checked the vin 69 350 4 bbl 400 trans 114000 miles one owner last on road in 2014 does have rust issues get it running and go from there

Comment

Cool, get a build thread going on the Projects board !

Comment

Working...
                        X