Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moron driving video of the day

Can't find a YouTube link, but here it is on Autoblog

Guy brake checks a massive concrete pump truck. Truck basely passes check.

Just a reminder: Never brake check something unless you are 100% prepared for the consequences of it failing the check. That driver really, really was not.

Once years ago a person cut in front of me then hit the brakes and I went ahead and gave them a good bump. Risky move but in that case, pulled over beside the road afterward and with no real damage, each of us apologized for our obviously intentional moves and probably went off as better drivers.

In the news a couple years ago in Ventura we had a guy on a Harley do that to a motorhome. I wasn't there to see but I don't think his was an open-casket funeral.

Comment

Consequences for poor choices and actions. The guy is lucky he's not a statistic.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

What I and other truck drivers deal with every day. Sadly, it's part of the job now.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          The guy is lucky he's not a statistic.
          Wonder if he/she knows HOW lucky? And if the truck mashes the SUV flat.....without that video or a whole lot of willing witnesses, would the crash not be the truck driver's fault by default? Aren't rear end collisions all just following too closely when the smoke clears, or have I had that wrong all of my life?

I mean, I read somebody somewhere make the point that, "The distance between my car and the car in front of me is called 'following distance,' and it's not an open invitation for you to put your car into it." But people sure do it to us, all day every day when we're going down the interstate, even when speed-matching in the fast lane.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
            What I and other truck drivers deal with every day. Sadly, it's part of the job now.
            I only drive one tonners.. Flatbed and dualie crews.. Same crap pulling a Derby car.. Fool shoehorns into my space! Many slow down..

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
              maine is pretty good.
              I concluded it is places with a long horizon..
              time distance, weight...
              slow motion. Seems smaller.

my dads weirdest trucking accident was way out west, east of the hills.

I just made a 5 hour time lapse into 8 minutes.. the new peterbilt. Maine looks like a snake reeling in the driving video.

I spotted some four axle low boys, tri axle tractors.. taking the last of the 60 ton tanks away. That would be a phenomenal hit by one of those.
              my dad and I figured 160-180,000..
              massive density. Imagine not finding all the pieces.

We hit a deer once, didn't feel a thing, air started dropping.
              We stopped, got underneath the trailer to find fur and tiny bloody pieces.
              the smell of grain shit, like a farm animal. We could feel the heat of the just living entity...no sign of it in the road behind us or off to the side.
              made hamburger.

nothing came out the back.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Vaporized.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Vaporized.
                  scary thought.
                  I saw on video once, a rig from 70 or so, dead stop into a bridge pillar.
                  created lightning form the sky.
                  I bet it was plasma.

split seconds, split atoms or something.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Life can be scary..

Comment

Working...
                    X