Where's the Turkey Fryer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the Turkey Fryer?

This is for a FedEx package, not hotrod parts. This is for a propane turkey fryer kit. For Thanksgiving dinner, we have plenty of time.

Look at this screen shot. On the far right, it says delivery by end of day today. Does it not? I think it does, it's only coming from Georgia. Quick.

But focus your glance back to the middle of the screen shot, the arrows that show the progress, it's only been scanned for shipment and is still sitting there somewhere in Georgia. Hard to figure out.

Dark, the doorbell rings. That must be the FedEx shipment. Nope, that's the AT&T guy with a clipboard trying to sell us some other cable and phone service. Unit fired them a few years ago. Sorry guy, but that was a great presentation.

FedEx tracking is lacking in this day of instant information and gratification. Just sayin.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkey Fryer.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1128702
    Last edited by pdub; October 25, 2016, 05:11 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

So we're talking about it.....looking at the product information: Important Product and Safety Information

• Proposition 65 warning for California residents: WARNING - This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

So we're guessing that if you eat the rubber hose on this turkey fryer going to the propane tank, it might not be good for you. We're glad we don't live in California, where living is so very dangerous. Just sayin. It should be much safer here in Tennessee.

Comment

Cali is full of "Doom and Gloomers"
      A sneeze can be fatal there!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Cali is full of "Doom and Gloomers"
        A sneeze can be fatal there!
        Well yeah - you'll blow the coke all over the table and THAT can get you killed. At least, I think that's how it works in CA but I've spent little time there.

Dan

Comment

"This is for a propane turkey fryer kit."

I've been the official turkey fryer for many years in my family. I cook one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. Three years ago I bought an infared cooker because peanut oil got so expensive. The infared cooker is cheaper (less propane), faster, safer and the turkey comes out looking just like a fried turkey. The skin is dark/crisp and the meat is juicy. Everybody says the infared cooked turkey tastes better than the fired turkey too. The only clean up is at the bottom where the grease drips. I use oven cleaner and hose it out in the yard. The cooking chamber sides don't ever need to be cleaned.
          Last edited by dieselhead; October 26, 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Never heard of it, but it sounds fantastic !!!

Comment

Some of the guys at work have them, would love to upgrade to one myself ( beer and hot oil don't mix ) !! Safety first!
              I do like a Cajun fried Turkey!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                Some of the guys at work have them, would love to upgrade to one myself ( beer and hot oil don't mix ) !! Safety first!
                I do like a Cajun fried Turkey!
                We fryed so many turkeys over the years in SC PETA petitioned against us. I didn't even know about those IR cookers when I was shopping for our next one last week. All I saw was "oil-less turkey fryers." That's impossible. Well, hot oil and beer another time around I suppose, we've got it here tonight. One more round perhaps and then we'll get into the 20th century. This thing is made so cheap it'll probably burn up in one use anyhow. Dial 91 and hold the phone, ready to dial the other 1. Hey y'all watch this.

Comment

Working...
                X