Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Bill Thomas Race Cars first race car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was Bill Thomas Race Cars first race car?

Before the Cheetah, before the fastback Chevy II's, before the 409 drag cars, there was this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20161011_171345.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1128721

From the Corvair expert himself:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20161011_170459.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	1128722

The guy wanted to be on something more interesting than what everybody else was already doing.

I estimate, looking back philosophically, that in my life I've probably made in the order of about 700 big mistakes. Personal, business, whatever. And it's an estimate, not an actual count (why put myself through it)...hey if you're not making mistakes you're not trying, right?

A good one was not buying an original Bill Thomas Cheetah body for $100 in 1981. It wasn't that good-looking (I have since changed my mind on that) and nobody knew what it was at the time, really.

Comment

A good one was not buying an original Bill Thomas Cheetah body for $100 in 1981. It wasn't that good-looking (I have since changed my mind on that) and nobody knew what it was at the time, really.[/QUOTE]

I love to looks of the cheetah. I'd have to build one before being the 80,000 th builder of a cobra kit car. And make no mistake, I like them . I just don't know if I could drive from atop the rear axle .
      Last edited by Dan Barlow; October 25, 2016, 07:49 PM.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
      X