No announcement yet.

We're Fleeing to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're welcome to move here, granted housing is crazy (even where I live - 40 miles from Vancouver the average house price would be around $400K US - in Vancouver you're looking at a bottom price of about $1MIL US for a detached house). It's basically Seattle North in the populated areas of BC, same rain, virtually no snow (I think we had 2" last year - lasted almost 2 hours lol)

And almost no one in BC speaks French, I might know 4 words lol (my kids are fluent in French - me, well, I failed out of that 25 years ago)

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
      you're welcome to move here, granted housing is crazy (even where I live - 40 miles from Vancouver the average house price would be around $400K US - in Vancouver you're looking at a bottom price of about $1MIL US for a detached house). It's basically Seattle North in the populated areas of BC, same rain, virtually no snow (I think we had 2" last year - lasted almost 2 hours lol)

And almost no one in BC speaks French, I might know 4 words lol (my kids are fluent in French - me, well, I failed out of that 25 years ago)
      I've done BC (on vacation) <<<A GORGEOUS place>>>>and Quebec and Ontario and New Brunswick and Nova Scotia for work.

In all, I felt completely at home, so far away from home. Except in Montreal, in fact all of Quebec. French mumbling arrogant folks. They want to be their own country. There's something wrong in Quebec and they don't even realize it, how arrogant they are. Just sayin.

Everybody I ever met all across Canada hates Quebecors as much as I never enjoyed dealing with them.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm not going to say a word ...........................................

Comment

They're already crawfishing! For heavens sake why do they think we value their opinion? Like said their actors, well I'm a Papermaker so what! Their so full of themselves!
          Last edited by corvettedad; November 10, 2016, 07:59 PM.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I'm wondering about Mexico. I've heard rumors that people live like kings on Social Security down there and it's warm. Evidently you have a small monthly &quot;contribution&quot; to the local cops but then they take good care of you. At least that's the stories I've heard. But maybe SS will go away, especially if it has to go over the wall?

Dan
            I know 2 different couples my age, let their worthless sone take over payments on their farms and moved to Mexico..

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
              Spiders hide in dark places like boots......
              Check your boots before putting them on....
              Bet you get them on and then remember....."Check your boots".
              Check your boots... got it. Here's a bonus.. Don't squat with your spurs on.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                I'm wondering about Mexico. I've heard rumors that people live like kings on Social Security down there and it's warm. Evidently you have a small monthly "contribution" to the local cops but then they take good care of you. At least that's the stories I've heard. But maybe SS will go away, especially if it has to go over the wall?

Dan
                There's a lot of places south of the border where a modest amount of US dollars will go a long way. Not sure I'd pick Mexico these days out of all the options you've got, at least not until they find a way to kick out the cartels.

Comment

Iīve done the Edmonton-Vancouver trip several times.
                  The first trip done in 1979 in a rented black and yellow 2nd gen Camaro after turning in a
                  Plymouth Volare which couldīnt get out of itīs own way.
                  The place we really liked most was Kelowna, tucked away in the mountains with the lake
                  Okanagan.

Comment

If you can find it, Jake Arrieta, teh Cubs pitcher had a classic tweet about Hollywood's who were going to move. MAy be down because Cub management was not happy about ti!

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      Ummmmm.......they ARE thespians.

Actors.

People who get paid to pretend to be something they are NOT.

They are not God. Nor are they heroes.

They are actors. Looked at in another light, they get paid to LIE.

Pretending and lies are inseparable on a base level.

With this in mind, we are surprised......why? I don't get the question.
                      Keep this up and I'm giing to have to make a special trip for a meet and greet .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Keep this up and I'm giing to have to make a special trip for a meet and greet .
                        I wanna meet Beags AND Stiney! Wanna convoy?

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                          Iīve done the Edmonton-Vancouver trip several times.
                          The first trip done in 1979 in a rented black and yellow 2nd gen Camaro after turning in a
                          Plymouth Volare which couldīnt get out of itīs own way.
                          The place we really liked most was Kelowna, tucked away in the mountains with the lake
                          Okanagan.
                          Kelowna is a great place in the Okanagan Valley , it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from the US/Canada border . The Okanagan Valley is our version of Napa Valley in California . Between the border and Kelowna there's over 100 wineries . The southern tip of the valley is Osoyoos , BC right on the border . Home of Ridler award winner JF Launier and JF Kustoms .
                          Last edited by langleylad; November 11, 2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                            Does Canada have faster delivery times for the blower?
                            No, but Egypt does, I'm convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

No, but Egypt does, I'm convinced.
                              Sure they do! Only we call them FANS. Not BLOWERS!

Comment

Working...
                              X