I'm ashamed... RIOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    So? Protests become riots.... Nbr of people and damaging banks, recycling boxes of cardboard ablaze as well as newspaper boxes...
    Without politics... Why?
    Is it because everybody got "participation trophies" and nobody "wins" that the rioters do not know how to lose gracefully?
    "Don't Shoot Portland" became something else.. It is no longer politics but criminal...

Thoughts without making it political?

Steve, lock it or throw it out if you think it is too political... I think it bypassed political into criminal..

www/koin.com/2016/11/10/anti-trump-protests-portland-11102016/
    I couldn't agree with you more!! And this cr!@#!#$ is funded, not just legitimate protestors.
    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
    Gregg and Deb Miller
    Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post

I couldn't agree with you more!! And this cr!@#!#$ is funded, not just legitimate protestors.
      What's legitimate about a protester? They've got "issues" to begin with. Let's say "issues" to avoid saying they are totally F-d up.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Let me put it this way. I'm 59 years old and counting. Even when I was 18 years old, I knew better than to make a sign and stand outside and scream what I thought I believed. Like that would make a difference. It won't. It's just noise and blowing off steam.

We have to live our own lives and thank God for freedom in America, we can. No matter who is the President. No matter who, it's been proven already. Over and over. And the President doesn't matter. He doesn't. Not day-to-day.

Comment

Only reason this happens is thegs have more rights than the business owner,,
          It be nice if the owners of the stuff being trashed as allowed to pop a cap in these riot/looters..
          Sadly they are being paid to riot..
          soro's is an evil person

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            As far as the protesters their mad because they see their free ride possibly coming to an end!! No more free phones or shopping carts full of steaks pushed out to their new Escalade and then go home and wait for the next check!
            Alright, I've been off the forum for a while, but these comments pissed me off enough to respond.
            Shopping carts full of steaks? Escalades? You're out of touch with reality dude.

Let me tell you how it really is...

I was on disability for 5 yrs due to a severe work related injury which resulted in me not being able to work (that's what I get for listening to my boss). During that time I applied for public assistance because I didn't want to starve. You know what I got the first time around? Nothing,.. that's right, not a damn thing. The second time I applied I got $34 a week in food stamps, and I was denied living expenses because I had an active work comp case. Work comp was paying me barely enough to make the rent, and I was on the verge of being evicted. I talked to some of the people who were applying for assistance. There were a lot of single moms and a handful of families where dad had lost his job. I asked them how much they qualified for. One family of 4 got around $760 a month for living expenses i.e. rent, utilities and about $350 a month in food stamps. Try feeding a family of 4 on $350 a month. They got the bare minimum to survive, and they surely weren't buying Escalades or eating steak dinners.

I've been there, and I saw first hand what those people were going through. Most of them had never accepted any kind of public assistance in their life, and some were too proud to even entertain the idea. You need to step off and have a little empathy for people. We're all human beings man, and some of us hit the shits once in a while and need help. Sure there are people who make a career out of the welfare system, but there are just as many people who really need help, and are too embarrassed and proud to admit it.

Pray you never end up in that situation, be happy you're not in it, and be thankful there are programs available to help people who are...

Comment

Call the riots what they are, an act of terrorism. Label the organizations terrorist groups, round up the organizers as terrorists, follow the funding to arrest the major sources of funds as 'aiding and abetting terrorism'. These terrorists are taking advantage of peaceful protesters that are trying to make a valid point or creating awareness and using them for their own purposes.
              The peaceful protesters are being used as pawns by manipulative organizers that have an anarchistic agenda, we need to recognize this subversion for what it is.
              A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                Wait, they get PAID to go crazy and tear stuff up? Sounds like "Roadkill" . . . Just kidding. Returning to radio silence . . . .
                holy shit, you remembered your password? :P
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Alright, I've been off the forum for a while, but these comments pissed me off enough to respond.
                  Shopping carts full of steaks? Escalades? You're out of touch with reality dude.

I was on disability for 5 yrs due to a severe work related injury which resulted in me not being able to work (that's what I get for listening to my boss). During that time I applied for public assistance because I didn't want to starve. You know what I got the first time around? Nothing,.. that's right, not a damn thing. The second time I applied I got $34 a week in food stamps, and I was denied living expenses because I had an active work comp case. Work comp was paying me barely enough to make the rent, and I was on the verge of being evicted. I talked to some of the people who were applying for assistance. There were a lot of single moms and a handful of families where dad had lost his job. I asked them how much they qualified for. One family of 4 got around $760 a month for living expenses i.e. rent, utilities and about $350 a month in food stamps. Try feeding a family of 4 on $350 a month. They got the bare minimum to survive, and they surely weren't buying Escalades or eating steak dinners.

I've been there, and I saw first hand what those people were going through. Most of them had never accepted any kind of public assistance in their life, and some were too proud to even entertain the idea. You need to step off and have a little empathy for people. We're all human beings man, and some of us hit the shits once in a while and need help. Sure there are people who make a career out of the welfare system, but there are just as many people who really need help, and are too embarrassed and proud to admit it.

Pray you never end up in that situation, be happy you're not in it, and be thankful there are programs available to help people who are...
                  I'm sorry for your problems and there are people who the system is designed for and deserve it but where I live unfortunately what I said is reality, there are as many abusing the system as there are on it.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

He is not out of touch, I have worked in the food industry for 29 years, and what he said is true, and have been for a long time..
                    Way way to many are scamming the system...... I see it every day.. I don't think that snap card was offered so the person can buy lobster, shrimp, the top cuts of steak, and beer..
                    And yes they stroll in with a new iphone, dressed in stuff working people can't afford, the kids in 300.00 sneakers, and drive a big money vehicle..

Sorry your reality is wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by oj View Post
                      Call the riots what they are, an act of terrorism. Label the organizations terrorist groups, round up the organizers as terrorists, follow the funding to arrest the major sources of funds as 'aiding and abetting terrorism'. These terrorists are taking advantage of peaceful protesters that are trying to make a valid point or creating awareness and using them for their own purposes.
                      The peaceful protesters are being used as pawns by manipulative organizers that have an anarchistic agenda, we need to recognize this subversion for what it is.
                      The peaceful protesters are part of the riot crew, they form a line blocking the police from being able to try to stop the rioters/looters.. I'm sorry but once some start to loot, riot, those so called peaceful protesters need to get out of the way and let the police do their job.. Hint there IS a reason they don't get out of the way..

Comment

Let's take this thing apart. Let's look a it.

The liberals think all the dumbass redneck hillbillies elected Trump. And the liberal press says we are now a nation divided. And maybe we are, since the liberal press says so. I don't think it's all of that.

So, there will be another butt sitting in the chair in the Oval Office, whoever it is. Hillary or Donald, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter, with all the clutter between that chair and Congress. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, the President is a pose-able action figure. The winner of the world's biggest lying contest. Every time, for 200 years.

Comment

Do you know someone with TARDs

(Stolen from another forum. Seems the entire internet is having WAAYYY too much fun with this. )

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is a pattern of pathologically dissociative and psychotic behavior, first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016, and increasing in severity with passing time. Sufferers of Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, uncontrollable crying, suicidal ideation, and extreme butthurt.

Signs and Symptoms:

People with Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again. Individual sufferers often display signs of paranoia and delusion; in acute cases psychotic episodes have been observed. Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is different from being upset about the results of the 2016 presidential election; People with TARD are unwilling or unable to accept reality, despite irrefutable evidence.

According to the DSM-V, individuals with TARD exhibit most or all of the following symptoms:

Telling others they are moving to Canada
                          Fixated on fantasies about the Electoral College
                          Protesting an election no credible source contests the outcome of
                          Exclamations that “Someone” should do “Something”
                          Sudden weight gain
                          Acute change in demeanor from pompous and arrogant to fearful and combative
                          Claim that anyone who disagrees with them is some combination of Racist, Sexist, Bigoted, Homophobic, and Actually Hitler

Causes and Mechanisms:

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder was directly caused by the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America. For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite in such ill health she got chucked into the back of a van like a kidnap victim.

Research is ongoing, but TARD appears to correlate closely with the following environmental and behavioral factors:

Membership in the Democratic party
                          Identifying as a Feminist
                          Currently enrolled in college, and/or
                          Possession of a Liberal Arts college degree
                          Cuckoldry
                          Living in a densely populated metropolitan area
                          Massive student debt
                          Spotty or non-existent work history
                          Hipsterism

Diagnosis:

Diagnosis of Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is straightforward. Ask the patient if Donald Trump is going to be the Next President of the United States of America. Some patients will become agitated, and may attempt to deflect. It’s critical you press them on the issue, even if they start babbling about ‘muh triggers’. A sufferer of TARD will begin to ramble incoherently, often displaying three or more of the symptoms within a short period of time.

Co- morbidity:

A diagnosis of Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is highly comorbid with Paraphilic Infantilism, Emotional Eating, Autism Spectrum, Bush Derangement Syndrome, and adult bed wetting.

Treatment:

The only known effective treatment is exposure therapy. The patient must be repeatedly exposed to reality, and should wear a Make America Great Again hat as long as they are able to tolerate it. Each exposure should increase in length, after a week the patient should be encouraged to be seen in public wearing the MAGA hat. Coach the patient to refer to Donald Trump as President-Elect Trump.

Patients with TARD are very resistant to treatment, and dangerous in large groups. Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality. Separation may require the assistance of law enforcement.

If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TARD, urge them to seek treatment. Together we can beat this scourge, and Make America Great Again!

Comment

My experiences are very much like Tardis' .... In my 20's I f'd up my back se severely I was bedridden 2 weeks. To have legs that went the wrong way you aimed was scary shit.. No.. I did not get food stamps "too well off" I had a 4 year old LUV! After extensive rehab, I was able to work.. That lasted 9 years before my back quit again.. I had to pay back all the help I got when I went back to work.. Food stamps... Pffft! They wanted to know everything but the size of my dick to get $85 worth of food stamps for $65... And there are limits on what I can buy!

Yes I see folks buying steaks and expensive stuff with food stamps.. BUT I also know there are folks who NEED it that do not get it.. Yes there are ABUSERS of the system!

When I was a kid, a family behind us in town had the dad committed to the TB hospital..yes those days you were COMMITTED.. He was there 3-4 years, they had a few year old BUICK... Since it was a BUICK, an upscale car, the amily of 5 kids and mom could not get "USDA" help. Which was old foodstamps.. White label stuff.. No name stuff.. Cheese was a 2 foot loaf, etc. She had to sign the car off, then there were problems getting to the hospital to see the husband..

Is life fair? HELL NO! If it was I'd be skinny, healthy and can hear! Am I bitter? HELL NO! I am who I am because/in spite of the stuff I went thru
                            Yeah, some stuff is hard to buy.. KISS is the word for me! I can do alright! Am I jealous of say Squirrel or SBG or Peewee? No! Why? Sure they have stuff I would like.. Being jealous is just like those protesters!

I am loved by my family, have a few friends that have my back, have my BANGSHIFT family..(there are some that I chat with text or email and I cherish them..) Sure shit COULD be BETTER! By the same token they COULD BE WORSE! Count your blessings!
                            Life is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              My experiences are very much like Tardis' .... In my 20's I f'd up my back se severely I was bedridden 2 weeks. To have legs that went the wrong way you aimed was scary shit.. No.. I did not get food stamps "too well off" I had a 4 year old LUV! After extensive rehab, I was able to work.. That lasted 9 years before my back quit again.. I had to pay back all the help I got when I went back to work.. Food stamps... Pffft! They wanted to know everything but the size of my dick to get $85 worth of food stamps for $65... And there are limits on what I can buy!

Yes I see folks buying steaks and expensive stuff with food stamps.. BUT I also know there are folks who NEED it that do not get it.. Yes there are ABUSERS of the system!

When I was a kid, a family behind us in town had the dad committed to the TB hospital..yes those days you were COMMITTED.. He was there 3-4 years, they had a few year old BUICK... Since it was a BUICK, an upscale car, the amily of 5 kids and mom could not get "USDA" help. Which was old foodstamps.. White label stuff.. No name stuff.. Cheese was a 2 foot loaf, etc. She had to sign the car off, then there were problems getting to the hospital to see the husband..

Is life fair? HELL NO! If it was I'd be skinny, healthy and can hear! Am I bitter? HELL NO! I am who I am because/in spite of the stuff I went thru
                              Yeah, some stuff is hard to buy.. KISS is the word for me! I can do alright! Am I jealous of say Squirrel or SBG or Peewee? No! Why? Sure they have stuff I would like.. Being jealous is just like those protesters!

I am loved by my family, have a few friends that have my back, have my BANGSHIFT family..(there are some that I chat with text or email and I cherish them..) Sure shit COULD be BETTER! By the same token they COULD BE WORSE! Count your blessings!
                              Life is good!
                              I've had my share of having to deal with life and disability more than once and having to use the system, which probably is why I get pissed at the grocery store. I prefer not to discuss what has happened to me and my family and if I've offended anyone I apologize.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I think the President should tell em to knock it off ,when they don't he should tell the cops to unload on em with batons and water cannons like during the blackout in 1977. One retired cop told me they tried to be nice but it didn't work, so bat away!

Comment

Working...
                                X