• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster
    replied
    Re: Beer Is Good !

Canada makes some great beers !
    Some of my favorites are; Molson Golden, Labatt's Blue and Moosehead.

I love beer !
    ;D

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied

Peroni's is a good beer (Italian)
    and Stella Artois (a.k.a wife beater in the UK) is also good
    Used to drink alot of Stroh's and Labatt's Blue when I lived in Michigan

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

The most popular beer in Australia (by consumption volume) is VB (Victoria Bitter).
    Interestingly, Aussie's refer to beer belovingly as "Piss" and "On the Piss" means drinking beer !
    I'm sure we can all guess where that comes from ....

Believe it or not, Foster's is not that big Downunder, although their brilliant marketing in the US makes it sound like it's the one to have.
    ;D

Some other popular favorites by State are;

New South Wales
    Tooheys New
    Tooheys Old
    Tooheys Extra Dry
    Full Sail
    Squires Range
    Sydney Lager
    Bluebottle

Queensland
    XXXX
    XXXX Gold
    Eumundi
    Carbine Stout
    Extra Dry
    Thirsty Dog

South Australia
    Original Pale Ale
    Premium Ale
    Dark Ale
    Finest Export
    Sparkling Ale

Tasmania
    Cascade Premium
    Cascade Premium Light
    Cascade Special Stout

Victoria
    Fosters
    Piss
    Piss Weak
    VB

Western Australia
    Emu Bitter
    Emu Draft
    Emu Export
    Swan Draught
    Swan Gold
    1857 Bitter
    Dogbolter
    Red Ant
    Matilda Bay Premium

Premium Beers
    Cascade Premium
    Coopers Premium Ale
    Crown Lager
    Hahn Premium
    Hemp Premium
    James Squire Range
    Matilda Bay Premium
    Hahn Vienna Red
    Hop Thief
    Southwark Premium

BlackoutSteve, jump right in here with some of the other favorites.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

I'm bringing some Aussie beer to the BBQ. That way we can have a toast to BlackOutSteve since he won't be able to make it.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied

Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

1.Yuengling
    2.Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    3.Sam Adams Black Lager
    4.Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout
    5.Guinness
    6.Shipyard Pumpkinhead - gotta love pumpkin beers in the fall!
    7.Leinenkugels
    8.Cold
    9.Draft
    10.Free

How is light beer like sex in a canoe? They're both f***ing pretty close to water! ;D

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

hm - well, I like beer and I'm not a snob about it - I'll try anything once.

The staples in our fridge are generally anheiser busch products - because they support our military, and they're a good value - living on the lake - you tend to go through quite a bit of beer, so having pricey stuff on hand generally is a hurt to the wallet.

I went to school in K'zoo MI, so I'm nearly required to mention Bell's brewery - very VERY tasty stuff comes from there in a miriad of varieties.

I'm also a big fan of yeungling - and knowing now that it's a long time pensyltucky brewery makes me feel even better about consuming some - may have to get some for the long weekend in fact!

Is it me - or does draft beer generally induce more headaches than bottles or cans?

some of my favorites, pardon the spelling:
    Bells
    Yuengling
    Greatlakes brewing co.
    Lienenkugles
    mickeys big mouths
    Schlits if they ever reintroduce it in the midwest
    OldStyle (I grew up in Chicago what can I say?)
    Heineken light (doesn't taste light)
    Molson, Labatt's, and Canadian coors lite (tastes totally different than US coors lite)
    Red Ass
    Fat tire

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Ron, clarify something.

Do you buy them from the actual liquor store or out of the back of his van?

HA!

I bought a 6-pack of Miller High life a couple weekends ago because I had never tasted the stuff. AWESOME beer for drinking after a day of mulching and doing outside work. "That's living the high life"
    That's my daily "affordable beer" Miller High Life Light - 30 pak = $14.50 @ Super Target - Been drinking High Life for years.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

Originally posted by Schtauffer
    Where's TC? Here's a little something I saw in a job johnny on a construction site:

God is good
    Man is not
    Mand made beer
    God made pot.
    Nice. ;)

Well he did make it. :P :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

Originally posted by Schtauffer
    Where's TC? Here's a little something I saw in a job johnny on a construction site:

God is good
    Man is not
    Mand made beer
    God made pot.
    Who the hell is Mand ?
    :D

Leave a comment:

• Schtauffer
    replied

God is good
    Man is not
    Man made beer
    God made pot.

Edit: Fix't.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

While I was living in England, I got to really enjoy a nice cool pint of Bitter.
    It is not carbonated, so it goes down quick and smooth, without burps !!

It is common knowledge that English beer is served at room temperature, so many Americans think it is warm, but that is not the case. The kegs are in the deep, dark and very cool cellars of the pub and are hand pumped to the bar for serving. So it is in fact, very cool and silky smooth.

Also, they do not measure the alchohol content by alchohol by volume (abv.), but rather by the specific gravity of the beer itself. The higher the specific gravity, the more kick it has, and let me tell you ... it has some KICK !!

My two favorites are Director's Bitter and 'Ole Thumper Ale. The last one really thumped me.

Yummy !!
    ;D

Leave a comment:

• Weldangrind
    replied

Hands down, Bowen Island Irish Cream Ale. No, not made with Irish Cream; cream ale, Irish style.

I really enjoy Guiness and the like, and I'll try anything from Big Rock Brewing Company. They're from Alberta, and their quality is exceptional.

Leave a comment:

• sedandelivery55
    replied

I know for a fact beer is good for you, from a doctor even. My little sis, born in '65, had a vitamin deficiency when she was about a year old. The doctor ask my folks if they drank beer. Stupid question around my old man, a case a day was nothing to him. He would get up in the morning, pop the tab on a Bud and wait on the coffee to get done. Then I would see him chase his coffee with the beer, or vice-versa. ;D Anyway the doctor said that beer had the vitamins my sister was lacking and to give her a couple ounces a day for a week or so. I guess since my folks couldn't afford the vitamins, beer was the next best thing. Back then it was cheap, Dad would take his gallon jug to the bar down the street and get it refilled for 25 cents. This was on the indian reservations in South Dakota. ;D

Myself, when I do drink anymore, it's Bud, but my favorite was a beer I found in a guesthouse in Germany. A local weissen beer, a wheat beer that would go down easy and had a hell of a kick. I didn't find a beer over there I didn't like.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

For all of those who live your life according to beer, I present the following:

They have cool t-shirts, too.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• fahrenschnell
    replied

My favorite beer.....Yes.

Thats all.

Bud Light is good.

Seth

Leave a comment:

Working...