No announcement yet.

Friggin..........hate...........deer..........saving the 2005 Dodge Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it was a 300 C front swap . Pretty cool . I'm probably jinxing myself but . If you hit a deer.........your car isn't loud enough ! Seems like everyone I know has either hit one ore in my wifes casr one ran into the side of her old van . And , glad your ok .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

that was close to a hurting. Above sensors, and digging into hood.
      glad all is well.

I only hit one, with asubaru. the goofy looking bumpers from the 1980s.
      the whole body rang like a church bell. Broke nothing. bent nothing, scratched nothing.
      most peculiar tin can event I have ever had. Must have been a million to one shot on the top of an egg.

The next day, I found one hair sticking straight out of the bumper.. as if it stabbed it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's a neat look for sure!

Wonder how much adapting was required.....surely more than a simple bolt-on?

I'm grateful no one was hurt, and cars can be repaired or replaced.

My 10 year old was going to write a paper in school today about the incident. Same kid who wrote about the dog farting a couple years ago.

This should be good......
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

at least it was not a cow...a serious concern for those who travel some back roads here...still a lot of open range....

sucks about the car but walking away from hitting a big buck without any injures is a good thing....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            That's a neat look for sure!

Wonder how much adapting was required.....surely more than a simple bolt-on?

I'm grateful no one was hurt, and cars can be repaired or replaced.

My 10 year old was going to write a paper in school today about the incident. Same kid who wrote about the dog farting a couple years ago.

This should be good......
            They were sold in the uk that way.. so I'd say it's an easy swap

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              at least it was not a cow...a serious concern for those who travel some back roads here...still a lot of open range....

sucks about the car but walking away from hitting a big buck without any injures is a good thing....

I've heard a few body-men over the years say that the 3 worst things that cause damage are hitting a cow, a deer, or a human.

Blatant honesty right there.

We also joke a lot here in Ohio about our deer. Seems our big deer are lots bigger than our surrounding states deer (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky). A record buck there isn't even in the running with ours. Farmers here equate them with overgrown groundhogs for the amount of crop they can devour in a season.

So in effect, they are grain-fed more like our cows. Suckers get BIG!

All I know is one second I'm putting peacefully along, and the next nano-second my ENTIRE RANGE OF VIEW is full of BIG FLIPPING DEER! And the next nano-second its gone.

Surreal. Like seeing one frame in a film with subliminal messaging in it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

They were sold in the uk that way.. so I'd say it's an easy swap

Neat info. Very interesting.

It is heading to a collision shop with a good reputation in a neighboring city today. Progressive Insurance approved shop. Things will get interesting in the next few days.

Comment

Visited a very small town south of Kearney Neb, by that packing plant.. Bertrand.. In town there is a huge mountain of corn. I made the comment that they probably have a rat problem, they grinned knowingly and said 300 pound rats.. Drove over and there were big deer eating the corn...
                  Biggest deer I saw.. Here the big uns get to 180-200 pounds look like goats.. Those were round assed big summbitches. Said to taste like beef due to the corn they eat

Comment

The NC deer are tiny little things, about the size of a Great Dane. Still Whitetails, though. No clue why they aren't bigger. Guess they can still mess up the front of a car, though.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      and said 300 pound rats.. Drove over and there were big deer eating the corn...
                      Biggest deer I saw.. Here the big uns get to 180-200 pounds look like goats.. Those were round assed big summbitches. Said to taste like beef due to the corn they eat
                      Yep. I wasn't kidding when I put mine at #250-#280. I've carried enough of them out of the woods to know what they weigh. And mine was just nice harvesting size.......I have lots of friends who would have let him pass their deer stands so he could finish maturing and they could get him later when he was "big enough", lol.

Dan, I'm guessing that there aren't a lot of cornfields around you?

Seriously, corn is like steroids to deer.
                      Last edited by STINEY; November 16, 2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Not many. I think they're mostly eating "natural" stuff - acorns and the like. There are berry farms and such but those are pretty well patrolled so I don't think they get in there too much. If they eat the cotton do they taste like cotton candy?

Dan

Comment

Ah...natural food......Eugene hippie Deer.

Cotton candy deer? Might be onto something there. Want to go in with me on an investment deer farm? Flavored deer?

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Ah...natural food......Eugene hippie Deer.

Cotton candy deer? Might be onto something there. Want to go in with me on an investment deer farm? Flavored deer?
                            I dunno, Stiney. How high does the fence need to be to keep the darn things in? Those buggers can LEAP! Just thinkin' the up-front investment might be staggering. And when it's time to harvest them, do we need a fleet of cars from Deaf Bob? Automotive collision seems to be the most reliable way to dispatch them.

Dan

Comment

Got 7 foot fence around our garder..see some 10 foot tall and the little bastards STILL GET IN!
                              Pam loves gardening and grows me all kinds of gormet tomatoes..damn deer munched on my green ones and all the buds! Thus I had to BUY local tomatoes for my BLT!

Dan, if you FEED deer, they become tame and you can just shoot them between the eyes.

Comment

I work in northern NJ during the week about 5 miles from NYC. The house are built on 50x100 lots and one town runs into the next seamlessly. Bumper to bumper traffic and the deer are walking the yards during the day.
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X