No announcement yet.

Friggin..........hate...........deer..........saving the 2005 Dodge Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to do that, fix and flip. Body work can take along time, I want to try some that need engine or trans replacement.

If both door open and the gaps are still in spec, I would like to find the measurement between the fenders see how much they are off.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      Watched a overhaul'n show where they put a different nose on a magnum and another mopar. Both wanted a different front to be different . Seems as though it was a early FIA charger . I'll see if I can nail this down .

I´ve found the episode in several places BUT not in English.
      Two posters on YouTube have terminated their accounts due to copyright.

Comment

Friday was interesting.

Having still not recieved any comparables list or repair estimate in the email, I went online and requested a personel change on my claim. Then I called and requested the same. This was around noonish.

At 4:55 Brittany called and apologized for not getting back with me, and explained that something about the valuation just didn't sit right with her, so she had opened a small investigation on her own to see what was what.

And she noticed that the comps and valuation were for SE Magnums, not an SXT fullly loaded. SE Magnums are the base, base models - smallest V6 and spartan appointments.

So my total loss check would be approx $2500 higher.

I thanked her and stated that I agreed with this valuation as it was fairly reflective of the actual value. HOWEVER.......I was still not accepting the total loss portion. With the new valuation the repair estimate would still be the same as the fronts of both models are the same, hence mine should fall well into the repair category and not the total loss category.

Eventually she agreed to attempt to get the loss department to reverse course, although that was unlikely.

I agreed to wait and see, and thanked her for her efforts.

And drove my funky old red truck all weekend. Its fun daily driving a manual shift after a long dry spell.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Tuesday came with the news that they were willing to do a reset of sorts, and the body shop was tearing down the car as we spoke. The onsite adjuster I spoke to the week before called and said he was scheduling time to go over the car with the body shop on Wednesday morning, and he would let me know as soon as they were done.

I communicated with him the extent of my desire to not total the car, and preferable not brand it as salvage either. He's a good guy, I do believe he got what I was saying.

I also called the body shop owner immediately after, and communicated with him the same desire, and the extent of it - just we were all on the same page and heading in the same direction. Verbally acknowledged, reading each other loud-n-clear, 10-4 mobile 1 to base.

Synergy anyone?

I awaited Wednesday patiently.
          Last edited by STINEY; November 25, 2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Well , having been through 3 of these the last few years there is a lot of wait . What seems to speed things up is if you have their rental car . They don't get that money back if you jump through their hoops and they authorized you getting it . So the longer it takes the more it costs . My sister seems to have found out there is a limit to how long you can have the car . Good luck again .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I popped one last month with my police car. blew ALL the airbags. Dept ended up totaling the car. shame, 2014 Caprice, 35,000 miles on it. I want the LS2 and the 6L80E from it BAD!!!!
              Last edited by Shelty; November 25, 2016, 12:27 PM.
              Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Update.

The claim check was in the mailbox yesterday when I got home. Correct amount and everything.

Title stays in our name, no change.

Shop has ordered parts. Car is torn down, all damaged stuff removed. Looks lots better even though it's apart.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Update.

Shop has ordered parts. Car is torn down, all damaged stuff removed. Looks lots better even though it's apart.
                  you made me laugh - mopars do look better apart
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Update.

The claim check was in the mailbox yesterday when I got home. Correct amount and everything.

Whith the 300 dog house ?
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Update.

​Going with the Chrysler 300 doghouse ?
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think that inquiring minds are present....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

because the stinster needs another project?
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nah, just stock stuff.

300 would have been more of an option except for the fact that the fenders took no damage. Well, there are paint blemishes where the headlights marred on their way out, but no dents.

Relatively boring from here on out. Got a Jeep to finish and a few other things.

Comment

Nah, just stock stuff.

300 would have been more of an option except for the fact that the fenders took no damage. Well, there are paint blemishes where the headlights marred on their way out, but no dents.

Relatively boring from here on out. Got a Jeep to finish and a few other things.
                              CITIZENS ! Nothing to see here ! Go back to your lives ! LOL
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My boys DO call the Magnum the "BatWagon".......

Comment

Working...
                                X