Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Tour

Top Gear is back, and far better then it ever was. There were a few puzzling moments, but overall it was really good... best of all, it cost nothing more then the Prime membership (which is pretty cool to begin with).... 11 more episodes for this season.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Serious question , is there a designated time to watch or can you watch them like Roadkill on the Motor Trend channel?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

it's supposed to post up on Nov. 18, 12:01 GMT. For me, that means it showed up Nov. 17, at 4:01 PM. Actually, it showed up about 3:15 on the 17th. Each episode will drop on Friday.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 18, 2016, 07:54 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Amazon Prime? "Grand Tour?"

No thanks.

Comment

I am glad.

found this at BBC, maybe I'll sign up on good opinions.

Filmic is the word that sprang to my mind when watching The Grand Tour.
          The scale of the production, the quality of the cameras, the epic sweeping shots and the pastiches of old movies - it seemed the show was aimed at the big screen, not the telly. Or a mobile phone, which is how I imagine a lot of people will view it.
          It opens with a scene so over-the-top and opulent you'd think that the Prince Regent was behind the camera. Think Mad Max meets Easy Rider as we see the three presenters drive across the Californian desert, making their way through a sea of cars all barrelling along to a massive stage that has risen from the sand like a pyramid.
          Maybe the small screen is too small for Clarkson, Hammond and May, and their next step should be away from the internet and into the cinema.
          I like journalism that is older than MPEG4 encoding. I like journalism that knows we were all carbs, and smiling in frustration anyway.
          If "filmic" is the dust and smoke and filth of real world, actually seen to the point of pondering taste and smell...

I will like their show even more.

I am getting older myself. I know what is missing.
          Now not only girls do not fart, guys and house pets don't fart either.

edit:

I did sign up for the prime stuff.

amazon has been like ebay to me.. ID problems were headed to federal, ebay and amazon both did something just by existing.
          In fact, a true story.. I was over 40 yrs old before amazon was the one that jumped up to give me a credit line, against odds. The first in my life since the military BX in 1992..
          I was hacked all to hell on top of being left for dead.

anyway, it looks very good, bandwidth is right there..and my computer is huge, it dialed right in.
          I particularly like the royal air force jokes, Maine worked with them all the time, I met a lot of crews and planes.

in the first years of lone wolf, england was the greatest intelligence. It is now 25 years later...
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 18, 2016, 07:59 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Soundtrack meddled with electronically due to copyright....

Last edited by malc; November 20, 2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X