Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who does volunteer work.

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
    I alone have collected nearly 200 gifts....gooot times my friend...good times
    Man, that is awesome stuff. Great work!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

everytime I get a work order that says WARRANTY , that boys ,is volunteer work

Comment

I shoveled 2 foot deep snow off the neighbours drive today. He's at work till christmas and she's pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
          Let's all make this a better world. Help your neighbor, set a good example. Volunteer to open a door, let a car in traffic, teach a kid and help an old person.

Good point Bobbie,

Back in the day, I volunteered at a battered women's shelter by bringing gifts, and playing Santa, and I used to donate a lot. I'm too poor, and have to spend all my time trying to pay rent, but I do help out people on any given day. I carried a women's computer out to her car today at a store, because she obviously was struggling with it. I'll stop and help people on the road, open doors for old people, and get things off the shelf for them at the grocery store. Everyday little things mean a lot to people.

This reminds me of a cool Christmas experience. I'll make another thread on it.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
            I alone have collected nearly 200 gifts....Good times my friend...good times
            Man, that is awesome stuff. Great work!
            Brian, this is part of my bases version of The MarineCorps Toys for Tots program....We call it Santa's in Blue....and we sponsor 2 very poor schools on 2 impoverished reservations...the teachers at those schools are instructed to have to students pick out 3 gifts under 30 bucks each ( primary and 2 back ups) ...Then those classes lists are passed on to the various squadrons on base and we look for donations and sponsors...I took 90 names out of 700 and was able to collect 2 gifts per kid....we also have a TON of little gifts just in case little brother or sister comes out....The coolest thing is....your gonna Bangshift approve this.....We fly Santa in on a HH-60 Helicopter to the school....It is a great program....We are going out to hand the gifts out this week and if all goes well I will post up some pics of the trip....The amazing thing is the things these kids ask fro...some ask for gifts for their mom, or shoes, warm coats, blankets, shoes, clothes...stuff we take for granted....So they get those items...and the sponsor almost always buys a toy as well....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
            X