Ran afoul of the law again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran afoul of the law again

Well , I've been struggling. 3 cars down and getting sick and trying to keep the girls (that have moved out ) cars running . Then somebody complained about my new project truck not having plates . Its christmas shopping season so I had to clean out the other bay that never had a car in it to be able to get the S10 in it . Man what a painnin the butt .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

I have my subaru sitting in the driveway of this public housing.. registration 1 month over.
    the environment gets quite buried until may. Just stay off the roads..stay insured. Never know what nut might come crashing into the yard.

My neighbor downstairs told me last year, someone smashed into my truck and took off.. someone else claimed it was a tenant. I checked it over closely..no errors.

The subaru on the other hand looks like it got thumped. there it sits now with a 70k psi link broken from last month. The guy who told me is old, and he may have mixed up the story a bit.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

sigh, someone clearly doesn't want peace.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        sigh, someone clearly doesn't want peace.
        Sadly, HOA's and /or neighbors that only see their house as an investment not a "home" and are not into cars/trucks don't care..
        Even worse is most that call are the neighbors that you are nice to..

Comment

I can say with experience that once they have your number, they bully you around here. I get my weekend agenda dictated by the city more than I care to admit. You can almost count on a letter for any stupid thing when a house goes up for sale around me.I've been asked to trim trees over the dedicated bike lane that are already higher than the cities trees 16 feet away that are obviously trimmed by the trucks driving under them. The city guy actually knows we're being bullied. Every time I talk to him, he's almost apologetic. If I ask for time, he gives me an extra month, that sort of thing.

Dad put tags on the (should have been traded in) "spare" car in the driveway for 40 years. He figured it was worth 50.00 / yr just to piss off whoever kept calling. I'm not quite that bad yet.

Remembering back, we did some house swapping when I moved out of Richardson twenty years ago and my sister wound up with my house. She kept things nice. It was always mowed, house was painted up nice, seasonal flowers in the flower beds.. she got a letter from the city with a picture of the violation for trash in the alley. For the wrong house. I had to try not to laugh, she was pretty livid. The problem was, the house was still in my name. Hell, I've probably been on a list there of one kind or another since I was a pre-teen.

I'd call and talk to the neighborhood integrity folks. With very few exceptions, they usually aren't really trolls with citation books for pillows.

You know, come to think of it, every time I've cleaned a garage enough to put two cars in it, I've moved. Maybe a letter from the city would get me off of my ass enough to move (like I need to)

I feel your pain is the point of all this dribble. Hopefully you didn't have to bury the S10 in the stuff you had to move to get it in there. Maybe there is a plus side.
          Last edited by Beagle; December 20, 2016, 03:29 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Fought county 19 years. Told them to take me to court.. Judge says first thing "Why are you harrassing ths citizen when there are real criminals to go after?". County told me "they didn't care about my roof". Guess what? Had to have a roof put on..
            Most places.. Fence equal to front of house and back can be 6 ft tall.. If "they" can't see it from the "right of way" they are not supposed to be able to complain.. I put up a TIN fence! If anybody can see the other side... Peeking over therefore tresspassing..
            Maybe one of those cloth garges with a better tarp over the framework..

Comment

Sad thing is the truck looks better than the camaro that has tags on it . We have different plates here for trucks and cars orher wise I'd have just put the old trans am plates on it . Oh well . At least I didn't have to drag it over to my brother in laws house . The worse part was getting a late 80s 16 horse Wheel Horse up in the back of the pick up so it all would fit. I didn't have any wide boards around so I made stair steps with some cinder blocks I had. My boys and a friend that happened by from about 10 miles away helped me get it done . Oh yeah I was using the cider block to be the support for my 2x4s but the thing wouldn't start .
              Last edited by Dan Barlow; December 20, 2016, 05:53 AM.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'd loan you my red truck if we were anywhere close to each other. It's totally legal and so ugly not even the drunk "Undocumented" landscapers would drive it.

Your Wheelhorse must not have a deck on it - I don't remember my S10 being wide enough between the wells for anything bigger than a 30" deck. Glad nobody got hurt loading it - seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Fought county 19 years. Told them to take me to court.. Judge says first thing "Why are you harrassing ths citizen when there are real criminals to go after?". County told me "they didn't care about my roof". Guess what? Had to have a roof put on..
                  Most places.. Fence equal to front of house and back can be 6 ft tall.. If "they" can't see it from the "right of way" they are not supposed to be able to complain.. I put up a TIN fence! If anybody can see the other side... Peeking over therefore tresspassing..
                  Maybe one of those cloth garges with a better tarp over the framework..
                  YUP, 6 foot tall fence..
                  Last time I had to go talk to the town.. after a letter.. I asked for the "who" that had filed the complaint .. They "claimed "they didn't have to tell me.. I stated and handed them a copy of the right to know law, and asked them to look at the top page it was a photo taken in front of my house, and another from the street behind me..
                  They asked what they are to be looking at..
                  I said.. Welp. you see a house with a 6' tall picket fence right.. and what do you see from the street behind my house.. they said a 6' tall word fence..
                  I said. well how can you see what your have me here for the complaint for, through a wood fence?? they said they can't.. I said nor can the person that filed the complaint, to do so they had to be trespassing, and again asked for whom filed the complaint. so I can have the police charge them with trespassing..
                  The big shot of the hearing said that's not the point, and I said darn skippy it was.. and They had to tell me ,and had to call the police and tell them to go charge that person.. at the hearing as I wanted it on record at the hearing.. That they recorded..
                  That selectman, isn't a selectman no more.. once it got out that he was climbing fences to check on what people had behind their fences..
                  and then come to find out, and some arrest.. him and a few more are looking at time..
                  How sweet it is.. seems they had a habbit of towing peoples stuff and stripping it before they could go get it back.. and got caught..
                  There is still a few more heads to have roll, in due time..
                  As I don't get mad ,I get even..
                  Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; December 20, 2016, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I should get rid of that tractor since the deck rusted so bad the spindles kept coming out and I pitched it . But I kept thinking the next place I move , I'll need it and buy another deck .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                      I should get rid of that tractor since the deck rusted so bad the spindles kept coming out and I pitched it . But I kept thinking the next place I move , I'll need it and buy another deck .
                      Don't look at me for help there - I can't get rid of anything.. I'd keep it.

Comment

Yeah , tractors are cool . And since it has a Onan twin cylinder it has a cool sound . Also it was made in South Bend , Indiana . I have a love for Indiana stuff . I think since Toro bought them out they are not making them any more . I think Toro is not all made in the USA anymore .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

2 words: Car cover. Then they can't see the tags (or lack thereof) and any attempt to check would be criminal trespassing (at least in Texas).

A "No Trespassing" sign would be a good way to express your intent that no one come on your property.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

My neighbor has pretty much started a war with my other neighbor over the "cars" on this property. This started about a year back when he moved in and made the lot a holding area for totaled cars from insurance claims and i mean totaled is an understatement, nothing old and it didn't bother me or my folks. Guy came over and was nice to us.

Neighbor #1 called the township on him and the next thing i know, he packed up and left.Now, there are other people living there but he is still coming around and dropping cars off. The officer came by again and served papers, now the cars are parked in a way you can't get them out{sideways}.

I'm not getting involved.
                            "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

I really understand in a neighbourhood how the appearance of your property can affect the value of your neighbours but for crying out loud there is a honda down the street that has had a bucket stuck under it for 9months , obviously it isn't moving .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X