Advertising for powermaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising for powermaster

Powermaster - they're the ones that almost burned my H3 to the ground because of their poorly built alternator. They're the ones that sent me an alternator that wouldn't charge on my FJ40 - then told me that the warranty is only 3 months so I was SOL.

Well, perhaps I was SOL, but I will advertise for them.... after all of this, I had an alternator rebuilt and the guy who did the rebuild didn't want the powermaster alternator as core - seriously, he told me to just throw it away because it was useless to him.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I get mad there too. I fried an old subaru block with an old hitachi.

great advice, still use it now..
    in the ricer world, once can often find the same alternator smarter in every way in a bigger ricer.
    I use 140 amps from a nissan hot rod in my old subaru.. Direct Fit. no hacking.

on the truck, as vehicles age..
    look for "ts16949" as the build standard, and never buy rebuilt. iso9001 has th new old stock and antiquated.

oddly enough, not so much anymore.. the best yet have all been from taiwan, hong kong...and china.

they improve and tell nobody what they did most often. I found by eyeball the truck has an aluminum conical spacer behind the front pulley, versus an old clunky rusted out steel washer..
    these little things do big things in the world of electrons.

Not to mention all diodes have changed... even since the 2000s to today. Voltage regulate may even have an anti reverse or something special.
    my gmc has always had that, since 1996..
    but some older models take awhile to catch up
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Tried to talk to them about the wire to the selinoid on the derby motor... Crickets.. No how to fix or if they would..
      The wire from the selinoid to the starter body went bye..

Comment

What I loved was yesterday when you posted your complaint , guess who's add was up ?
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

McTaggart did a fluff piece for Powermaster on the front page.... me, being the helpful guy I am, figured I'd help in that department ;)

Comment

I have an older (like 15 years) Powermaster alternator on the 'Stang which has been fine. Can't speak for their newer stuff as I don't own any.

Dan

Comment

We tried one on the Xtreme once... only once... found out a lifetime warrantied one from O'Reilly's was a better deal after the crap Powermaster casing split...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

So, I was planning to order a new Powermaster for my 86 Monte to resolve a minor issue, and plans to upgrade the factory radio this next spring.
                (The Monte still has the original factory 1986 GM alternator in place!).
                Due to your posting, I am obviously thinking twice. What other brand might you recommend?
                '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                79 Trans Am project
                ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

two schools of thought here:
                  1. Go to autozone get a crappy rebuilt with a lifetime warranty and probably be good to go (I have one on my truck and it has been very reliable)
                  2. I like PA Performance. I got a 200amp 3G alternator for my wagon that has done an excellent job

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                    So, I was planning to order a new Powermaster for my 86 Monte to resolve a minor issue, and plans to upgrade the factory radio this next spring.
                    (The Monte still has the original factory 1986 GM alternator in place!).
                    Due to your posting, I am obviously thinking twice. What other brand might you recommend?

one that comes with a window to throw it through if it goes bad.... seriously, the AutoZone/O'Reilly/NAPA ones are fine - keep the receipt in the glovebox for when it fails and life is good. The H3 has an autozone (I don't like them, but need trumped hate) that works fine; the FJ40 has a rebuilt one from a local rebuilder (who I'll use from now on). You can also buy the parts to rebuild online - some of the sellers are pretty decent, though you do need a minor press to press the stator in place in most shells.

Comment

My first Powermaster alternator broke the case in 3 weeks. They replaced it and that one was simply dead...the next one lasted a year and smoked itself so bad I had to rewire the harness. It got hot enough to melt the belt and cost me a tow bill of $186.00... but it never made a sound and the voltgauge said it was still putting out when it killed itself. stank though...i wondered what that smell was for about 2 minutes before the belt split....

And don't get me started about Fatman Fab's control arms, or Heddman's header coatings, or Griffins epoxy radiators, or AGR's steering boxes and pumps....I'm 56 now and have buying speed parts for 38 yrs...oh and polyurethane bushings for the street..last a year (12,000miles) and then they get wear tolerances and start knocking around, greased or not... had three sets and they all did the same. Got all brand new ACDelco rubber now. ...mines a driver, not a weekend car. OH - Borgeson 525 boxes and rag joints...latest failure was the NEW RAG JOINT TEARING IN TWO! $136.00 tow bill and almost another ticket for sliding into the in the median...till i showed officer the steering column. The pitman arm taper machining wasn't the same as the centerlink....Oh, and did ya know Jeg's censors bad reviews? they did it to me over the steering box and an edelbrock manifold that cracked the heat riser/egr passage causing a vaccum leak that took 2 weeks to find..........rant over, sorry brian for the honesty.......
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Comical thread... of a re-boxed part.. that tis the same one you most likely get at the parts store.. or when you buy another "brand" from the online places..

Comment

Working...
                        X