This is Why We Don't Go to the Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Why We Don't Go to the Movies

An Oregon man woke up and called 911 after tripping a motion sensor alarm.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Well , I would like to say you just need to pick interesting movies . But then again the first movie I ever fell asleep on was Chariots of Fire .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      Well , I would like to say you just need to pick interesting movies . But then again the first movie I ever fell asleep on was Chariots of Fire .
      Sometimes you must sit and try to watch a movie, because the wife or g/f wants to see it.. and try not to yawn through it..

Comment

They must do a piss poor job of cleaning the theater after the movie.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          The first movie I ever fell asleep on was Chariots of Fire .
          After winning all those awards, my Dad took the whole family to see it .. he fell asleep and the rest of us were bored to death. I paid attention through the entire thing (and it was a looooong movie), waiting for the good parts, but they never came. Very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

After winning all those awards, my Dad took the whole family to see it .. he fell asleep and the rest of us were bored to death. I paid attention through the entire thing (and it was a looooong movie), waiting for the good parts, but they never came. Very disappointed.
            We went one time in our 16 years together after Dan B promoted "The Secret Life of Pets" to the point we just had to go see it. We actually got cleaned up and went to the theater and watched it. Yep, we sure did. Yep. We did............we sure did. yep..........we saw that..........we sure did. Yep.

Comment

Don't go to movies.....not going to patronize the Hollywood leftist.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                I wasn't going to go there Dave, but I'll go there with ya since you went ahead of me.

Comment

A resounding review of the latest Star Wars franchise spin off! We thought the Rocky and Rambo movies were long winded...little did we know...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    A resounding review of the latest Star Wars franchise spin off! We thought the Rocky and Rambo movies were long winded...little did we know...
                    That's.....it's .....yeah whatever. It seems to the casual observer that the whole industry took a turn back when they did "Twister." I could just about see and imagine it. WOW, look what we can do with special effects, this actually LOOKS like a tornado. So let's make a whole movie based around that. It doesn't even have to have a plot, we'll get Helen Hunt to wear the same clothes for two hours' worth of special effects, back in the day.

The best part was the flying cow....."COW!" Good grief. Damn, the tornado in the Wizard of Oz was scarier, and that was about a hundred years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                      Let's talk about this. while we're at it, until we get turned off.

"They" have Lear Jets. They have 100,000 square foot mansions. They have fans who would die just to get their autograph. Because they act. Because they pretend to be something or somebody that they are not.

That's just not right. There's something wrong with that, all of it. Every bit of it.

Comment

I'm not going again because it's like $60 for two people with snacks.... saw Collateral Beauty, good movie but it's not one you want to see if you've ever lost someone close (like immediate family, child, etc).
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                        X