What IS That Noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What IS That Noise?

There's something running loose in Red's back end. It only shows out and speaks up when cornering really hard on a road course. Plinkity rattly plinky plink, what the hell IS that, rattling around? It's metallic, it's distinct. Maybe a fastener come loose and trapped somewhere in the rear of the car, but it's part of the sound track on a road course. So much that I've actually become used to it. Expect it. But what IS that?

It's all the way in the back, but it's for sure not in the trunk, I have to clear the trunk spotless before running on a track. Maybe it's inside one of the rear fender wells, I may never find it. But whatever it is, it's moving a long way from side to side and making a mighty happy racket when it does.

Maybe it's under the rear seat. Maybe I'll find it when we have to remove the rear seat to get to Red's fuel pump for the blower project. If I ever see it, I'll say, "THERE you are, you little bastard. FINALLY"
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Heat shield be my guess..

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
      Heat shield be my guess..
      This is not much evidence and not the best example, but skip all of this video and start playing at about 11:37. Turn the sound up. It's there, whatever it is.

What kind of heat shield?

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

This is not much evidence and not the best example, but skip all of this video and start playing at about 11:37. Turn the sound up. It's there, whatever it is.

What kind of heat shield?
        exhaust...
        most likely near the fuel tank.. or the mufflers ..

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

exhaust...
          most likely near the fuel tank.. or the mufflers ..
          Like inside the muffler? That would make me angry.

Comment

no..

Comment

Probably needs a new muffler bearing..
              They have them at O'ReallyZone next to the Blinker Fluid, but I hear the universal kind don't work right.

If it doesn't fix it, you'll need to find out if it's off center. This guage will help...

Seriously though, long tube headers and a couple of dynomax race bullet mufflers should take care of it and whatever is left of your hearing.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Beags, you forgot the left-handed metric crescent wrench needed to install new muffler bearings.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Seriously though, long tube headers and a couple of dynomax race bullet mufflers should take care of it and whatever is left of your hearing.
                  Buddy Baker said that the difference between your car being loose and tight is, if you're tight you SEE the wreck.

Personally, I'd rather HEAR it, too. if that's all a part of the track fees.

Comment

Working...
                  X