No announcement yet.

FedEx or USPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A USPS delivery according to tracking was done on 12/24 to my mailbox. That package did not arrive in my mailbox till 12/27.
    Many USPS personnel scan packages when they put them in the truck even if it is not delivered.
    FEDEX and UPS both deliver to the LOCAL post office for last mile delivery. UPS calls it PARCEL SELECT and is a cheaper service for the large volume sender.
    I forget what FEDEX calls it.
    I have been in the shipping business since 1996.

Nick

Comment

Used all 3 before - FedEx has the best tracking.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
        Used all 3 before - FedEx has the best tracking.
        It sure does. But FedEx has a problem finding our house. The street names and addresses in our neighborhood are confusing. One time we went up the street and stole a FedEx package off of a front porch. That was OUR package.

UPS has never missed.
        Last edited by pdub; December 23, 2018, 06:22 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think Roberto20 is spamming us. 2016 thread.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post
            Hey Matt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas! Come see us every chance you get.....Kenny will love to hide underneath the couch. Still the same over here, just getting older.

Comment

ya think? 1 post, complete with hotlink.... yeah, probably Nigerian too.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm more worried about porch bandits, than what shipping vendor they use.
                I have things I want to order, but will wait till after the 25th.
                Anything that was on sale for the "holiday's" with a even bigger than normal special price or deal I had shipped to ,work or a family members home that will be home most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post
                  Merry Christmas Pumpkin! Miss seeing you buddy..........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Merry Christmas Matt !

Comment

Merry Holidays, Matt! Coming to see us in Arkansas?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Merry Holidays, Matt! Coming to see us in Arkansas?

Dan
                        That's a pretty fur piece from the Florida coast, about the same distance as you have Dan. My offer still stands Dan, you can pit at our house on the way if you'd like. We have compressed air and and an assortment of cheap tools. And a Quick Jack, but you get to move it if you want to use it.
                        Last edited by pdub; December 24, 2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

USPS lost ~$100 in vinyl graphics I ordered on eBay (my mistake) from some TOTAL jerk supplier halfway across the country. .

The USPS tracking system blows. Of course, eBay took the seller's side and I got zip squat for my dough. And because I filed a 'case" with eBay, ( http://www.ebay.com/help/buying/defa...tep-in?id=4701 ) the fine print prohibited me from even leaving any negative feedback.

I keep waiting to see my graphics show up on someone else's "ride," but I strongly suspect the seller likely got a "tracking number" on a misaddressed "flat" (envelope or postcard) or maybe an empty box, and pocketed 100% of the money. The USPS tracking system is so bad such potential fraud is apparently hard to detect.

United Parcel Service has never lost any of my stuff. FedEx and UPS have decent tracking. USPS is just another lousy, poor-performing government mess. Don't use it unless you've got no alternative or don't really care if what you send arrives . . . .

Comment

Also, have stuff delivered to an actual human at a business address if possible. It helps keep the "porch pirates" at bay. And shipping to a business address is sometimes cheaper.

In my infamous Case of the Missing Vinyl Graphics, the receptionist at my POE swore the USPS never delivered any package. eBay didn't care. It's hard to decide whether USPS or eBay sucks the most. Maybe there's equal suckage.

Comment

My experience with the Post Office sending parts has been that there's a significant chance you won't get your stuff. Very, very poor.

A couple weeks ago UPS left me a huge box meant for a house a bit up the road, and left my stuff with them, and we all had to work it out among ourselves. Again, unbelievable piss-poor service, the f'n address is RIGHT THERE ON THE BOX, guys. Why does it have to be a matter of luck that you, after paying good money for shipping, get your stuff delivered to the correct address?

So far, FedEx has never screwed up.

Comment

I wonder if USPS is facility or driver dependent. I've had excellent results with them and in fact I just shipped a turbo to a guy in Indiana (NOT Dan B) and it arrived ahead of schedule and in fine shape. So I dunno - guess it depends?

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X