FedEx or USPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had mixed results with USPS.
    I use them quite a bit as I am a cheap SOB and NOONE ships cheaper the their flat rate boxes.

On the 19th of November, I shipped 2 rotors (2 large flat rate boxes) to my buddy in California. One of them arrived on Monday complete out of the box in one of those plastic Post Office box you get when you pick up your held mail. The second one is still IN TRANSIT to Ybor City which is the local distribution center here. A waited a few more days and went to the Post Office to ask them for an update. The type the tracking number into the same on-line system that customers use - NOTHING better / more detailed / ???? I was told that the manager would call me in a few days as soon as he could get a hold of someone in Ybor City. A week goes by - no call. I go back to the Post Office - talk to the same manager get the exact same explanation with a promise to call my in a couple of days. Another week goes by, I go back to the Post Office and am told that I need to go on-line and fill out a lost mail search request. We did that on November 30th. Today the original tracking number has not been updated in any way - still en-route to Ybor City. The search request has never been updated and the promised email to inform me of their findings has never come.

The rotor arrived at my friends house on November 30th - in a heavely damaged box - AND STILL NO UPDATE in any of the USPS systems
    Last edited by cstmwgn; December 28, 2018, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Most stuff comes here UPS, very little usually small stuff comes USPS.. USPS will not deliver to my door cuz I have pit bulls and nevermind I CAN LEAVE MY DOOR OPEN AND THEY WILL NOT GO OUT.. I shut it anyway but no... He once climbed up on the racks of my pickup box trailer to get away from my dogs IN THE HOUSE...
      Fed Ex is good.. Not sure why the kid does not use them.. Negative is they deliver anytime from 7 am to 9pm..

Comment

Sent one Hurst wheel via USPS to Wisconsin, it never made it. It was insured for the selling price leaving me out a few hundred dollars. Found it at a mail recover center in Atlanta Georgia? It's a racket I tell you! They wouldn't send it back to me or forward to the addressee? I will never send anything thru USPS of any value ever again. F-you USPS!!!

Comment

Someone at the USPS must be building an odd car out of all this missing swag...

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            I want to vote more than once on the poll, but I don't have enough choices. This election is rigged.
            I haven't voted yet , tell me how you want your second vote . We'll rig it back for you . I have no preference .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It seems to me that it depends a bit on where stuff is coming from.

If I'm getting something shipped from Texas, I've learned that their USPS is hopelessly incompetent, for example. But if it's coming from California's chinese import ports, USPS is the way to go. If it's heavy or oversized, there's a UPS distribution hub less than a ten minute drive from home, so that's the way to go. Fedex's nearest hub for me is a 45minute drive, so that's where trucks are dispatched from so the delivery will be later in the day. I've also noted that FedEx uses what appear to be subcontractors (unmarked vans doing delivery, driver not in uniform). So rarely will I choose that option.

Just depends on your part of the world, and what you're shipping, I think.

With the exception that DHL sucks monkey balls no matter what.

Comment

I prefer USPS. They HAVE to come by every day, so if they have something for me they like to get it out of the way. They realize it is cheaper to put stuff in an airplane than a truck so they do it that way. If something comes from the Southeast it just takes an extra day to get TO the plane. The mailman comes the same time every day while UPS or FedX tracks stuff as showing up between 10:00 and 9:00. That means either 11:15 or 8:45. I often wonder what they do the rest of the day. Out here on the left coast we have the upstart new guys called OnTrac to keep the other guys on their toes. WalMart uses all four just to keep them scrapping at each other's heels.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

My order of satisfaction with service. The first 3 are pretty good.The bottom 2 need a lot of improvement.
                  ​​

UPS

​​​​​​Spee-Dee

USPS.

Amazon

Fed-Ex
                  " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

Interesting, I just watched USPS put my package on Superman's porch across the street. I was expecting it, that was my package. They were close, real close, after quite a few hundred miles. I don't fault them entirely, this neighborhood is difficult that way, probably too difficult, more than it should be. I've even put numbers on the front of the house like you're already supposed to have for 911 reasons, but apparently they're invisible. You can drive a lap around the block and almost none of the houses have numbers.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Coming up next, the video camera unboxing video. Film at 11......

No, wait! How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                        Interesting, I just watched USPS put my package on Superman's porch across the street. I was expecting it, that was my package. They were close, real close, after quite a few hundred miles. I don't fault them entirely, this neighborhood is difficult that way, probably too difficult, more than it should be. I've even put numbers on the front of the house like you're already supposed to have for 911 reasons, but apparently they're invisible. You can drive a lap around the block and almost none of the houses have numbers.
                        My nbr is posted INSIDE MY MAILBOX DOOR on the street 100 ft from the house and last house on the street.
                        I just tell folks "house with the old schoolbus in the driveway

Comment

FedEx .... again with the drive by "person not home"
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

My nbr is posted INSIDE MY MAILBOX DOOR on the street 100 ft from the house and last house on the street.
                            I just tell folks "house with the old schoolbus in the driveway
                            Maybe that's a more accurate address than ours is. The yellow house with the green roof and the white pickup truck in the driveway. I think I'm gonna change all of my accounts to reflect that as an address.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
                              Coming up next, the video camera unboxing video. Film at 11......

No, wait! How does that work?
                              Stand by Andy. Maybe tomorrow. I haven't opened it yet, but you may have provided me with the material for Weeville Garage Episode 5.....or 6, whatever it is....yeah, it takes a camera to video a camera. Now I'm more confused than I was a minute ago. Camera. Got one. Got four, actually. One of them is actually new.

Comment

PSsst,,, how about a hat brim camera.....

Comment

Working...
                                X