Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not easy being green (My new truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not easy being green (My new truck)

Well, with the unfortunate passing of Elsa, my 93 Cherokee, I decided to get something smog exempt. Now this isn't exactly what I wanted, but was too clean to pass up, especially since I needed a vehicle almost immediately. I guess you can blame Scott Liggett on this, since I never really gave these trucks a second thought before I saw pictures of his. That front end is so much better looking than the Chevy version (Though I still love later J10s and 73-77 Fords more). She's got the 350, a Muncie 465 4 speed (Granny first) and is all original, down to the AM Radio. Also has 2 extra fuel tanks that I'll probably never use.

I've got to replace that ugly rear bumper

Soooo much green

I don't like tacky chrome valve covers, so those are going, also needs a new exhaust and carburetor needs a rebuild, but I might just go with a new Demon 4bbl.

Who needs FM radio anyways. (But in all seriousness, this needs to be a bit better, under dash FM convertor and 8-track player?)

An unnecessarily long antenna

​16.5" Wheels, I think I'm gonna get rid of those, and get some wider in the rear. Any recommendations? Also, what do you like more, black or white?

​This is where I'mguessing a CB antenna used to be mounted. Anybody know where I can find a mount that would match up?
    Last edited by Eagle Kammback; February 2, 2017, 05:21 PM.
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Nice truck! I would get later model aluminum 16" wheels
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

it's beautiful.

GM was very dynamical back then, they put the same seat and color in my 74 chevelle.

that year truck has an oddity that lasted to 1999.

1.5 inch (exactly 1.5 inch) concentric spacers on the rear floater and it evens the stance for the wheel appearance matching front to back.

the wheels are real easy to buy and get away from the 16.5

I would not go wide... maybe 8 inch, same offset as factory.
      Some LT tough truck tires.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'd go 16's too.. Have more of a lip to hold tires on and more choices..
        Nice clean pickup!

Comment

Mint! Looks like a really nice score!
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

me likey!
            nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Very nice truck . And it was airconditioned ! Think living in California I'd put another compressor on it and Chill .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Nice truck.. my guess by the door panels/cards it's a 72..

if a 2 piece drive shaft look over the carrier bearing..

Comment

Sweet truck !
                  My advice is to forget about all the aesthetics bullshit and get that baby mechanically sound first, since it's your primary transportation .. then make it pretty.

Comment

Nice Score!!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It's like the '72 Chevy truck I had - only with even more green. Nice find.

Comment

It really is quite a remarkable survivor. Keep after any potential body rot and have fun with it.

Dan

Comment

Hey, check your e-mail...

Sweet find, it's always good to have a tough old pickup truck around, no matter what other car(s) you have. Just a standard resto would make that thing look great. Be aware, newer truck OEM wheels are the wrong offset for that, too far inward. I'd just monitor CL for something interesting from the aftermarket, or wider stock wheels w/ the dog dishes would look really great. There's a nice-looking set of 1970's-vibe Jackmans in there local (I had gone to a lot of trouble to find Jackmans for my Wagoneer once, finally gave up), but again 16.5, nobody really wants those anymore.

I assume that's coil-sprung rear, 4.10s. You'd love a NV4500 in there but a little pricey to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                            Hey, check your e-mail...

I assume that's coil-sprung rear, 4.10s. You'd love a NV4500 in there but a little pricey to do.

floater rear and you think coils..
                            GMC and you think coils.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

floater rear and you think coils..
                              GMC and you think coils.

probably because of ridetech, right? Don't be a dink... even if you are right this time. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. lol. I'm , messing with you. Enjoy your victory.

Loren, he's right. It's leaf.. look at the pic. Or did I miss something and you're putting bait out there?

Last edited by Beagle; February 3, 2017, 03:56 PM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X