Small Engine Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Engine Help.

My inlaws called and asked if I wanted their old Koyker Raptor. It would not start and they bought a new one already. I picked it up and got it home. Turns out the carb solenoid is bad. So I modified it a little bit and it started and runs just fine. Now I just have to replace that solenoid (expensive little bugger).

The question I have is with the carb. It has a tube that runs off the top plate. I'm assuming its vacuum. I don't know where it could go. The motor is a briggs and stratton vanguard twin cylinder 16hp motor #303447. I don't know if it is important but I assume since it is put there it is. I don't want to join another forum to ask a single question so I pose it here to see if any of you folks know their way around a small engine and this one in particular. I've googled and searched and came up with nothing. Not even a diagram. Thanks.
    Last edited by Damon23; February 6, 2017, 11:14 AM.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Dude, just call the manufacturer .. the Raptor has been discontinued from their product lineup.

Koyker Manufacturing Company
    200 N Cleveland
    Lennox, SD 57039

1-800-456-1107 or 1-605-647-2811

Comment

Go to: https://www.vanguardengines.com/na/en_us/support.html
      Scroll down to what the engine is in to find a shop manual.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
        Go to: https://www.vanguardengines.com/na/en_us/support.html
        Scroll down to what the engine is in to find a shop manual.

Nick

Thanks, didn't think of that.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

What does the carb solenoid do ? Shut fuel off so the carb keeps no gas that has ethanol in it in the carb ?
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Its a band-aid for carbs setup super lean due to emission requirements.

Without it they tend to diesel and kick back and backfire - not behavior that the average consumer likes to see from their new purchase.

They are common on air-cooled engines as those engines tend to run hotter than their liquid cooled cousins. That higher temperature enhances those undesirable traits from a lean setup.
            Last edited by STINEY; February 7, 2017, 08:49 AM.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
            X