Winternats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winternats

The good news is that I will be travelling for business and in town to see the Winternationals,so I'm GOING.
    The, uh, other news is that the only day I can go is Sunday (not my favorite day for the big show).
    I'll be sitting on the west side spectator stands not too far from the starting line, super excited about that.
    Questions for the group, I'm assuming some of you have gone to Pomona before, are all about parking.
    What time on Sunday do I need to get there in order to get parked?
    General parking or is the $30 reserved parking worth it?
    Better to go the 210 FWY and down to Arrow highway?
    Is it true there's only ONE entrance in for general parking? Doesn't that make it a nightmare out on the street?
    Thanks all

I don't think the Arrow entrance is any better than the I-10 Fairplex one, the latter being more developed as a venue entrance with multiple lanes where it counts. Either way you are going to sit in lots of traffic and when you get there do lots of walking. Earlier is better for traffic (I mean, much earlier), and the closer you wind up parking to the exit/entrance, the faster you will get out of there so it's a mixed bag. Have never tried the reserve lot, but what's a little shoe leather to save some bucks for beer? Enjoy big horsepower making your head thump.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm planning to be there by 8:15 am, hopefully that's early enough, I guess I'll find out.

Comment

Getting there is the easy part, leaving, well that's another story. We get some food, check out the mid-way, sit for an hour or two until the angry mob clears out.
        I hope the weather is nice, it's been raining ALOT here.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
        X