Iconic Cars Worth a Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iconic Cars Worth a Fortune

Everybody has a lust, cars-wise. I'm focused on page two of this one. I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to shift left-handed and drive the car from the passenger's seat, and I want to go a whole lot faster than 115 mph, in the right setting of course.

And the value of it.....that would buy a WHOLE lot of blowers and brakes, just sayin. Just sayin. There's no telling these days who types the stories in on the home page, but this one doesn't get it for me. I'm sure I don't at all comprehend "intrinsic value." I'm sure that's what I'm missing. I'm missing every bit of that, being as ignorant as I am.

Last edited by pdub; February 6, 2017, 06:16 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Good lord. Why are you reading on that fake news website?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      Everybody has a lust, cars-wise. I'm focused on page two of this one. I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to shift left-handed and drive the car from the passenger's seat, and I want to go a whole lot faster than 115 mph, in the right setting of course.

And the value of it.....that would buy a WHOLE lot of blowers and brakes, just sayin. Just sayin. There's no telling these days who types the stories in on the home page, but this one doesn't get it for me. I'm sure I don't at all comprehend "intrinsic value." I'm sure that's what I'm missing. I'm missing every bit of that, being as ignorant as I am.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/class...U142DHP#page=2

Different crowd/ part of the hobby.. It's worth is tied to the name of the couch builder .. nothing more..

This is no different than why people pay stupid money for a hemi cuda.. or a Shelby mustang.. or any of the muscle cars, if you go by performance..

Look at the 77-78 t/a same car as the 70-76 and 79-81 other than some body panels.. but the bandit liking ones are much more.. even within the 77-78 if it's black and gold it's more than the other color cars..

This hobby it isn't about supply as much as it is demand.. auctions tend to have many people with tons of money and an ego.. and will keep bidding to win it..
      just to win.. not from a lack of supply..
      Take the hemi cuda convert.. sure there was only 14 made.. but when you have 3 of the 14 at an auction to buy.. the supply angle goes out the window..

Comment

those euro cars remind me of someone surviving a beat down and building in scale size.
        as if they are doing something cute. Like a puppy.

..and then our idea of a fun car is a bigger pile of metal, bigger engine, basic pile of expendable. now that too is somehow worth a million.

I wonder where the line down the middle is sometimes.

this is it.

this is the line down the middle.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 7, 2017, 07:44 AM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          Good lord. Why are you reading on that fake news website?
          Ya know what Stude? You are absolutely right. I'm finally fed up with that fake news, all of it it. You've said it here before but it's been so many things ago, what's a good alternative for a news feed? I'm not kidding, I'm ready to change my home page. I'm not kidding at all. I've just had that one for as long as I've been on the net, and that one has gotten out of control, as far as fake news. I'm agreeing with you and I'm serious about agreeing with you.

Comment

Ya know what Stude? You are absolutely right. I'm finally fed up with that fake news, all of it it. You've said it here before but it's been so many things ago, what's a good alternative for a news feed? I'm not kidding, I'm ready to change my home page. I'm not kidding at all. I've just had that one for as long as I've been on the net, and that one has gotten out of control, as far as fake news. I'm agreeing with you and I'm serious about agreeing with you.
            First you'll have to find an media outlet that does reporting of news.. not a bunch of opinion pieces..
            good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

First you'll have to find an media outlet that does reporting of news.. not a bunch of opinion pieces..
              good luck
              Stude named one. I can't remember what it was. The "news" only serves to piss me off these days. The folks who post it or broadcast it have their own agenda. It's total trash, at least the mainstream media is. There's nothing "news" about it. Just sayin. It's a real mess, it is.

Comment

Pdub, you're aware that the whole point of the news today (and this isn't new) is to cause you to be annoyed, right?

If you're angry, you'll talk about what you saw on the CBSNBCFAUX news. And people will then also pay attention to that news source so that they can be also certain that someone could possibly be so stupid as to say <whatever>. Because of that, they just got that many more viewers/readers/people-to-sell-advertising-to.

In related news, the world continues to go to hell in a handbasket, the conservatives are wrong unless the liberals are more wrong, the price of oil is going up, and the weather has nothing to do with needing to wear a jacket tommorrow.

Stop feeding into this crap. I'd go on, but I'd get into political reporting being such a blatant grab to take people's attention away from where the actual power is, and that's against the rules. Thank god. I'm sick to the teeth of hearing about blah blah politics blah blah from people who don't understand that "the issues" are something to pit the masses against each other with.

Also, don't you have a car to go drive to the tuner? Get to it!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                  Pdub, you're aware that the whole point of the news today (and this isn't new) is to cause you to be annoyed, right?

If you're angry, you'll talk about what you saw on the CBSNBCFAUX news. And people will then also pay attention to that news source so that they can be also certain that someone could possibly be so stupid as to say <whatever>. Because of that, they just got that many more viewers/readers/people-to-sell-advertising-to.

In related news, the world continues to go to hell in a handbasket, the conservatives are wrong unless the liberals are more wrong, the price of oil is going up, and the weather has nothing to do with needing to wear a jacket tommorrow.

Stop feeding into this crap. I'd go on, but I'd get into political reporting being such a blatant grab to take people's attention away from where the actual power is, and that's against the rules. Thank god. I'm sick to the teeth of hearing about blah blah politics blah blah from people who don't understand that "the issues" are something to pit the masses against each other with.

Also, don't you have a car to go drive to the tuner? Get to it!
                  Andy, I'm a dumbass, and I like celebrating it. I try to insult myself more often than anybody else does, I have fun doing it.

But...dude...., on your 7th post ever here, I don't think I would have typed as much as you did. We are family here, we are not internet, we KNOW each other and it's a shitload of fun. Chill, Brother.

Comment

Andy, I'm a dumbass, and I like celebrating it. I try to insult myself more often than anybody else does, I have fun doing it.

But...dude...., on your 7th post ever here, I don't think I would have typed as much as you did. We are family here, we are not internet, we KNOW each other and it's a shitload of fun. Chill, Brother.
                    I'm just as wordy in real life, good sir!! It's someplace betwixt honest breathern and irritating asshole. Depends on where you're laddered if we're at the track

Mister Pdub, I have much brotherly love for you. I too have fought the installation manuals written in martian, and the bolts tightened by nuclear fusion. At least it feels that way!

Let's all go to the track, where the answers are simple and given by the time clock

Comment

Working...
                    X