Clear All

• nice tow truck!

it works at a salvaJe yard.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01717_j4udhC5Ut0E_1200x900.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1145101

I bet it sounds pretty cool with those stacks.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Looks sweet!
    V8 diesel!
    Must be a worker!

Comment

I love that style F-series! That was the first tow truck I ever got to ride in. My mother's Sunbeam Alpine was in the shop and they loaned her a Corvair which broke down the first day she had it and had to be towed back to the shop.

From now on all of my responses will include a boring story from my childhood.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
        I love that style F-series! That was the first tow truck I ever got to ride in. My mother's Sunbeam Alpine was in the shop and they loaned her a Corvair which broke down the first day she had it and had to be towed back to the shop.

Great story! Mom had an Alpine, too - ever seen an Alpine automatic? Hers was. Not sure what towed in (frequently).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post

better now, before details fade away.

my dad was 18 in 1969. Into cars, became a trucker. Just hints and dribbles of a whole tale.
          Terrible..

The first machine I ever drove was a 283 tow truck, in circles. mid 50s in the 80s..It was still alive unrestored back then. Had the vacuum split rear end...and wipers. Big wheel, even at a small 12yrs old, I could turn the manual sterring on the big split bead rims.
          I still remember the whistle of the tiny carb.
          Sounded like my rochester monojet sometimes..

I keep an eye on ford and international diesels. The first most impressive machine I drove in was some 80s crew cab jacked up, and turbo. Unusual for that time frame. Really hauled butt... that was 1992?
          we all know how big things got since then.

anyway, that truck, if still exactly as it was 25 years ago..would still be bought and sold to a happy customer.
          ..a bit like tow trucks, and 1 tons.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 9, 2017, 04:19 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X