Music that can scare you while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music that can scare you while driving

Ever had a sound effect in a song really make you think something was wrong while you were driving?

Earlier this week, I had thought I had a relay under the dash go nuts - then I realized that one of the percussion effects in Depche Mode's "World in my Eyes" sounds exactly like a clicking relay.

Another one is that Rammstein's "Der Meister" has a squealing tire sound effect. That can be quite a surprise if your car only has working speakers in the rear - that happened to me once and I thought some sort of crash might be about to happen behind me!

So often that the first thing I do when hearing something weird, is turn the volume down.

Comment

Since I can't hear..(95% loss in best ear) I rely on feel.. The kid likes Metallica, Nirvana and the like.. Whether I ride or drive while in his cars, I feel the doors.. Catsrophes have a distinct feel..
      We were helping a kid get his derby car going.. Exhaust thru the hood, both kids were nodding how good it sounded, I was sitting beside the car with a pop in my hand shaking my head "No". They looked at me, found an empty milk jug and they felt the rod knock.. Only then did they hear it..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Since I can't hear..(95% loss in best ear) I rely on feel.. The kid likes Metallica, Nirvana and the like.. Whether I ride or drive while in his cars, I feel the doors.. Catsrophes have a distinct feel..
        We were helping a kid get his derby car going.. Exhaust thru the hood, both kids were nodding how good it sounded, I was sitting beside the car with a pop in my hand shaking my head "No". They looked at me, found an empty milk jug and they felt the rod knock.. Only then did they hear it..
        I do the same thing, coupes, trucks, sedans..
        being sure on the doors.
        an interesting thing to do, on the bigger vehicles, even brand new.
        wedge fingers up at a top seal or a back one..
        it is surprising to know all vehicles wiggle.
        the ones that don't, they break structure someplace deep(I was just thinking of my subaru - that car was bending in the middle.)

everything else just goes along.

I welded framing on a truck, dominoes leads to oem cab mounts being too wimpy, springs, shocks..
        ride the core of riding the rails...build around it.

like a boat keel.
        I am making more noises now than when it was a squishy whatever gm built.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 15, 2017, 12:26 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Some of the electronic music I listen to on occasion will have a sample that will catch me off-guard. Nothing like hearing a siren out of nowhere and thinking that your ass just got busted, only to realize you're an idiot.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

...'Way back, in the '70's as a teenager...I had bought this cassette and listened to it a hundred times and knew every small part....then when a buddy and I had traveled to another part of the state, and his (attractive but schizt) female cousin rode along for a night on some town, and we were cruising down some road at maybe too much speed, and I stuck the tape in my good-enough stereo...

...From the back seat between the speakers she went absolutely into a bonkers panic. Bouncing off either side of the car, almost. MiGawd, what was about to happen, she thought she was going to die.

(turn it up a little before you hit "play"...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIvF...Ow556n4C014_DX

Nazareth would be the one band I finally got to be standing at the edge of the stage and shake the singer's hand during a big performance (don"t tell me you wouldn't have felt bitchin'), but as much as that I remember that, the freak-out with the cousin, and the laughing and laughing afterward, was just as memorable.

Comment

Working...
            X