Thanks Monster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Monster!

Because I'm building that Volvo I signed up for the TurboBricks forum. They don't have anyone like Monster, evidently. There seem to be a lot of good folks on there but there are a few a$$holes running rampant. Instead of "that has not been my experience" you get "you're an idiot. Any fool would know better" and downhill from there. Enough of that that I feel more than a little uncomfortable over there though they do have some good Volvo info. I suspect that once I have the Volvo sorted I'll just stop checking in over there.

Anyhow, this has given me a new appreciation for Steve and I'm mighty glad we have him. He keeps this place friendly.

Thanks!

Dan

Yep
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pirate4x4 by another name.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't even ask on other forums.
        If you really have something unique, the closet people are mechanical keyboard warriors..
        you disrupt their fantasy of being real.

I step up to help, as there is no stupid questions.
        Wandering off into my own builds unknown to man.

No wonder there is cults of bad things like rice. Like a gang ingredient.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Couple derby forums are like that..

Yep! Steve is a good folk.

Comment

Yep, absolutely.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Because I'm building that Volvo I signed up for the TurboBricks forum. They don't have anyone like Monster, evidently. There seem to be a lot of good folks on there but there are a few a$$holes running rampant. Instead of "that has not been my experience" you get "you're an idiot. Any fool would know better" and downhill from there. Enough of that that I feel more than a little uncomfortable over there though they do have some good Volvo info. I suspect that once I have the Volvo sorted I'll just stop checking in over there.

Anyhow, this has given me a new appreciation for Steve and I'm mighty glad we have him. He keeps this place friendly.

Thanks!

Dan
              Yet they have traffic??
              Seems much of the problems come down to a person getting butt hurt over being called stupid or an idiot.. Not saying it's right but
              Problem is to many forget that while on a forum have had a few wobbly pops or just smoked or worse and tend to loose the brain to mouth/type filter.. Really, just get over it..
              Momma told me sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.. The world needs to stop getting bent/offended over every darn thing..

I turn on the tube and what do I see
              A whole lotta people cryin' "Don't blame me"
              They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else
              Spend all their time feelin' sorry for themselves
              Victim of this, victim of that
              Your momma's too thin; your daddy's too fat

Get over it
              Get over it
              All this whinin' and cryin' and pitchin' a fit
              Get over it, get over it

You say you haven't been the same since you had your little crash
              But you might feel better if I gave you some cash
              The more I think about it, Old Billy was right
              Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight
              You don't want to work, you want to live like a king
              But the big, bad world doesn't owe you a thing

Get over it
              Get over it
              If you don't want to play, then you might as well split
              Get over it, Get over it

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak
              You're makin' the most of your losin' streak
              Some call it sick, but I call it weak

You drag it around like a ball and chain
              You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain
              You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
              Got your mind in the gutter, bringin' everybody down
              Complain about the present and blame it on the past
              I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass

Get over it
              Get over it
              All this bitchin' and moanin' and pitchin' a fit
              Get over it, get over it

Get over it
              Get over it
              It's gotta stop sometime, so why don't you quit
              Get over it, get over it

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                Problem is to many forget that while on a forum have had a few wobbly pops or just smoked or worse and tend to loose the brain to mouth/type filter.. Really, just get over it..
                The really cool thing is .. we don't have to put up with it, so we don't have to get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

The really cool thing is .. we don't have to put up with it, so we don't have to get over it.

MAYBE,, but IIRC this place was never this dead.. now well..
                  Heck members don't even put their new project car builds in that area, they put the thread in the tech area to get replies.
                  Come on Monster.. I like not being called stupid /idiot/etc as much as the next guy, but a few here bashed the crap out of a member claiming that member was me.. and was full of calling all types of things, and nothing was done.. Back in the hot rod and car craft forum days the "selective" Enforcement turned many away.. Then the slow pages from ad's killed them.. see a trend..

Comment

No MAYBE about it.

Comment

Dude, I don't know how dumb you think other people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                        Dude, I don't know how dumb you think other people are.
                        Thanks for making my point made..

Comment

Mark - I mean this respectfully. There are ways to put forth a different point of view without being disagreeable. A spoonful of common courtesy never hurt anyone. We actually WANT someone elses viewpoint or we wouldn't have made the post in the first place. Different people see the same thing differently and I'm man enough to take in a different point of view and I often act on it. But if that alternate view point is presented in a confrontational way I deduce that the guy making it is just out for an argument and generally set that opinion aside.

My point is that if your goal is to influence others you do it better but offering alternatives and not venom.

Dan

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Yet they have traffic??
                              Seems much of the problems come down to a person getting butt hurt over being called stupid or an idiot.. Not saying it's right but
                              Momma told me sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.. The world needs to stop getting bent/offended over every darn thing..
                              Let's frame this - someone takes time out of their schedule to take pictures, upload those pictures, write about what they're doing and you think it's your right to be a prick? I've news for you - the jerks only post because they're encouraged by the forum to be jerks. People who actual do stuff rather then run their mouths have zero time for jerks - it's now why one of the moderators from Pirate is posting his build on MUD - because Pirate is dead as they couldn't seem to differentiate between those who do and those who just run their mouths.

So moparrules, jamesmayberry or whoever you are today - be a prick, get tossed from here. That's why Dan is thanking Monster - because we don't have to put up with people who think it's okay to be rude.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X