Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the missing Bullet Mustangs found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the missing Bullet Mustangs found?

One of the guys on the VFM came across a 68 Mustang fast back that at one point was going to be turned into a dreaded Eleanor clone but wasn't. This is car # 5558 while the Mustang Steve McQueen drove that is hidden away in someone's garage in Kentucky is #5559. #5558 apparently was one of the cars used in the movie and seems to have had modifications done to help it survive stunts. Here's the link. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...now-found.html
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

interesting.

I was just watching haggerty about the 428, 4 speed country squire wagon.
    1 in a million.(920,000)

Stuff is out there.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

This story seems to be taken more seriously today. I don't have FB but apparently it's making the rounds. Kevin Marti who owns the Ford records on Mustangs has flown to Mexico and has given it a pretty good examination. My understanding is he hasn't made a official comment but has asked to see all the sheet metal parts removed during repairs for date codes. It seems the owner did not know the history of the car and requested a report from Marti as to what options came on the car was at that point when he found out. Marti knew the serial number of the missing Bullitt car.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
        Marti knew the serial number of the missing Bullitt car.
        When the whole thing is examined as a whole thing....who would rathole the original Bullitt car somewhere in Kentucky and just sit on it? That's greed, that's all it is. The prospect of....of WHAT?

For the same reason I don't understand car museums. At least in museums visitors get to at least look at them. And marvel. All the same time, the car wishes it could run. No less than a zoo, caged animals. Cars should be driven. Plain boring everyday cars, classic cars, historic cars, all the same. A car not driven is a total waste of material and potential. Why even build it if it's not driven?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

When the whole thing is examined as a whole thing....who would rathole the original Bullitt car somewhere in Kentucky and just sit on it? That's greed, that's all it is. The prospect of....of WHAT?

For the same reason I don't understand car museums. At least in museums visitors get to at least look at them. And marvel. All the same time, the car wishes it could run. No less than a zoo, caged animals. Cars should be driven. Plain boring everyday cars, classic cars, historic cars, all the same. A car not driven is a total waste of material and potential. Why even build it if it's not driven?
          I've considered having a t-shirt made that says "If you don't have the balls to drive it, sell it to someone who does".
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Well, it's official. It's the missing Mustang that was thought to be scrapped.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
              Well, it's official. It's the missing Mustang that was thought to be scrapped.
              very dukes of hazard.
              the junk went to an obscure place, sat around.

it does bridge what media powers do, and what actually happens.

I remember the recent spell of 1 million mile vehicles.
              my dad's cabover is sitting in a junk yard with no other rigs for being small, trans am eagle on the roof airfoil facing anyone who looks...
              parked at 2, 350,000 miles for being nuclear. That mileage was a broken odometer... two more years followed with 120k money making miles.

..and somebody took the engine out to go at it again elsewhere.

Many reasons I keep a video camera handy... and journalism on machinery learned in the air force.

Can't even get a perfect fraud out today.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 5, 2017, 12:35 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cool! What happens now?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Cool! What happens now?
                  Not really sure. A lot of the unfolding story is on FB and I don't have an account.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Eleanor clone, I remember when THAT movie came out someone was talking about it, I commented that I liked the original Gone in Sixty Seconds just like there'll never be another Bullitt movie!!
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                    X