What's the Right Color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Right Color?

I'm watching one of those car guy shop shows on TV. Well, I was before I turned it off. Here's a guy, He bought a Maserati. The new Maserati owner is sitting in the shop's office talking with our star of the mechanical world show. The new owner says, "I've bought this Maserati. I can't stand to give it to my wife that way it is, the color it is.. It's not the right color. I want a deep blue.....etc..."

The new owner is wearing a pink smoking jacket. Telling Mister Car Man what color he wants this car to be so his wife will like it when he gives it to her. Let's break this down:

1. She must have not even known he was going to buy this cheap little car for her, by inference it was probably going to be a surprise gift.

2. If he's so afraid that she won't like it if it's not the right color, who can imagine what other squabbles they get into over which silverware to use when formal guests show up for dinner.

3. It's a frickin car nobody else can afford. Or we probably don't even want it to start with.

Last edited by pdub; March 6, 2017, 05:23 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Must be nice to have that much money.

If I did, I wouldn't mind doing a high quality repaint to her favorite color. It's all a matter of what you can afford.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
      Must be nice to have that much money.
      I'm not so sure of that. It would cause a "wealth" of interpersonal issues that most of us can't even imagine.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say, poorly, when you get to that level perhaps you're not focusing on all of the RIGHT things in life. Or perhaps focusing on the WRONG things. Just saying.
      Last edited by pdub; March 6, 2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

To quote John Mellencamp (I think it was) - "Paint that sucker PANK!" But I have a guy (yeah, I got a guy....) here in town that will make anything any color (of YOUR choosing!) for $2K including materials. That's a bargain. I'm guessing Mr. Maserati wasn't thinking of a $2K paint job.

Dan

Comment

HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE, I'm sure you learned this the 2nd time around.. why you are questioning this action on t.v. Even the rich still have to live by the same ideals..

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE, I'm sure you learned this the 2nd time around.. why you are questioning this action on t.v. Even the rich still have to live by the same ideals..
            Okay Mark. I was avoiding it. But I'll go there, since you did.

If' she's that hard to please he should have married somebody else. That part's simple. easy, obvious.

Comment

Yeah I was watching that also . Funny the Jeep got a paint job and the Maserati just got a wrap . Cracks me up . So many of my cars haven't haven't had shiney paint because of wear . Then the rich people by a nice car and want the paint flattened out .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

When strength takes over, it looks worse.
                I like the trend.

it goes in waves though. we'll all be back to pretending beautiful some day.
                pre ww1, slobs.
                post ww1, crazy ass elegance.
                pre ww2.
                slobs.
                post ww2.
                Even whales were beautiful.

post viet nam..
                slobs. Even had truck motors in wimpy cars called hot rods.

That never ended.
                Because war has not ended.

Ever notice, all things beautiful are some rockhead stuck in the past...?

the paint being flat and whatever.. who cares.
                the danger is falsifying strength today. Like tires out too far on a jacked up duramax. Rice has been the biggest hoax since the GT-R motor in a tin can...
                obd2 is catching on.. I dove in in 2015.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 6, 2017, 10:31 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Okay Mark. I was avoiding it. But I'll go there, since you did.

If' she's that hard to please he should have married somebody else. That part's simple. easy, obvious.
                  Ever think giving her the car in the color she likes was the guys choice, not that the wife would turn her nose up at it in the color it is in now..!!!!!!!!!

Let me ask this.. if money wasn't an issue..

and your wife would like a (pick a car) and you only found one in red.. but your wife loves blue.. Would you go the extra mile to make it the color she loves.. as the extra cost doesn't matter it's pocket change to you??????????
                  Some go the extra mile not because the wife would turn nose up at it.. but to show that they care..

The fact that you see that as "she's hard to please" welp..
                  Last edited by Mark; March 7, 2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

orange is the right color.

or yellow.

Charles

Comment

Why not just buy the car in the right color in the first place?

Nevermind the whole letting her have some input on her car.

Comment

Speculation can sometimes drive you crazy ....

Comment

I think... That car..color irrevalent...

If color is that big of an issue, relationship is DOOMED!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            I think... That car..color irrevalent...

If color is that big of an issue, relationship is DOOMED!
                            Do you buy a vehicle, new and pick a color, or just say, I'll take any??
                            Did peewee.. turn away any mustangs because it wasn't the color he'd like..?
                            or the wrong options? or it was a v6 ?
                            I know when I go looking at a vehicle I tend to pick a color I like..
                            It have to be one hell of a deal to get me in a color I not fond of..

It's easy to say, just buy one that color already.. not always an option..

My wife wants a mustang.. She wants a 68.. sure she'd take a 66-67-69-70/etc. but would rather a 68..
                            She also doesn't like green interiors.. if I found one. that color, sure she be happy, but would want to change the interior color..
                            If a 68 green on green car is cleaner than a 68 off white with tan gut.. You buy the green and change out the color..

Same thing as peewee's other thread of wanting a wheel that "looked" this style and only this style.. If his wife got him rims he'd be happy, but he be happier if it was the type/style he wants..
                            but the thread topic wife is a hard to deal with b__________h because the guy wants to give her the vehicle the way she would ideally want it..
                            Odd.. is this the part of do as I say not as I do..

Same with homes.. many people turn away a house because of the outside color, or the kitchen color,, etc.. I'll bet every one has..

Sure The topic it be easier to just get that car in the color his wife likes/wants.. but
                            1) might be easier said than done
                            2) they not have a show..
                            Last edited by Mark; March 7, 2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4868-2560x1024.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	1148807 Ferrari Fly Yellow....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X