RAPTOR ENGINES,ATK ENGINES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPTOR ENGINES,ATK ENGINES?

Was just looking for a simple reman engine to put in my yota pickup. After $4000 and ripped off by RAPTOR ENGINES in Oregon and then hosed by ATK ENGINES. it's unbelievable how a simple task can get so complicated! Now I have lawyers on the RAPTOR ENGINES RIPOFF and 6 months later I'm rebuilding the OLD motor lol.
    My advise AVOID RAPTOR ENGINES AVOID ATK ENGINES. even if it's a simple stock or low hp. swap for a daily driver beater!

How can 2 different companies , oh nevermind

Comment

Got ripped on two different engines 22RE .RAPTOR Sent a complete reman BUT it wasn't ASSEMBLED!lol then ordered an ATK 22RE put it in and it lasted 10 MILES!!!
      I had purchased one other engine online and it worked fine BUT that was 10 years ago! Nowadays I'll just have local engine builders do the work and pay the additional cost. THE HEAD ON THAT ATK ENGINE WAS WARPED .015! I wouldn't buy a weedeater engine from them.ATK= MADE IN MEHEEKO! RAPTOR IS JUST A RIPOFF ARTIST HE SAID SEND THE ENGINE BACK FOR FULL REFUND HAVEN'T SEEN A DIME YET AND THAT WAS OCTOBER!

Comment

Some things just aren't worth skimping on.

Comment

Didn't think I was skimping it was just a daily driver.still don't deserve THAT kind of treatment! So beware of those two RIP OFF ARTISTS

Comment

No, you should not be treated like that from any company. I've never had a problem with my Yota motor ...

Comment

330,000 miles on it I think I abused it a tad too much.had the truck full,pulling an 18' car hauler trailer with a 900lb.gang box full and a '74 toyota FJ40 on it that was also full. Drove it from mobile,al. To dave the bartenders house in Sopchoppy,fl.

Comment

Ohhhh, I see ... It's DTB's fault !

Comment

Bull - I don't know if they're still available but I've had EXCELLENT luck with the take out engines from Japan. I've done several from Colorado Engine Co. and my bro got a Suby engine from a similar vendor in San Antonio - I have no clue if either company is still alive. All of those engines went on to live pretty much forever. Anyhow, I could recommend those low-mileage take outs if still available.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Bull - I don't know if they're still available but I've had EXCELLENT luck with the take out engines from Japan. I've done several from Colorado Engine Co. and my bro got a Suby engine from a similar vendor in San Antonio - I have no clue if either company is still alive. All of those engines went on to live pretty much forever. Anyhow, I could recommend those low-mileage take outs if still available.

Dan
                    100,000 km is big miles overseas...that is a huge gain for us.
                    subay, designed for tropics.. they do ship some good stuff, coming from their home.

I bought a subaru engine from florida, never had coolant. The last the world saw of those special lined turbo heads, they were a thousand a pair.. 1999.
                    I consider them extinct now, nowhere to be found after that.

I tore the engine down and was quite happy. I just can't drive all the time anymore. I got way too rare, and then fixed all the problems to boot... modern runtime.

I do not wish the durable rice on anyone... it disappears before you are quite done with it.

I'll go pluck a metric 305 from a pile first.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I guess I got hijacked to Subaru engines lol. I wasn't trying to buy anything subaru#

Comment

Didn't mean to take you there. The Japanese take out engines cover the whole range of Japanese vehicles - one of the ones I bought was for a Nova/Corolla. Anyhow, they seem to be a good deal and have worked for me several times.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
                          I guess I got hijacked to Subaru engines lol.
                          You can never tell where Barry is gonna go ....

Comment

Working...
                          X