X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inalienable Truths of Being a CarJunkie

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Fridge is full though :D
    Who the hell needs a fridge in Ely "coldest spot in the continental U.S." NV?

Oh ya, your a junkie if all you do is think about ways to make your ride go faster.....
    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom
      I know I'm a junkie because I was finishing up an engine swap two days ago when it was -8*F out and a high of 16*F, feels like -1*F day. It didn't deter me much ;)
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom
        I know I'm a junkie because I was finishing up an engine swap two days ago when it was -8*F out and a high of 16*F, feels like -1*F day. It didn't deter me much ;)
        I'll take back some of that tranny in the tub stuff if you were working outdoors. BUURRRRRRR!!
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Single car garage space and about 10*F when the picture was taken.

The convertibles going out back and under a cover until summer.

Comment

You have to be a car junkie to work like that. Dude, when you bust your knuckle, does the blood instantly freeze and create a scab? That is car junkie!

Changed an in-tank electrice fuel pump in a Chevy truck by myself by jacking the truck up, tied the bed to the rafters in the shop, lowered the truck down and pushed if forward. When done, push the truck back, jack it up to the hanging bed, put 7 bolts back in because the 8th was a pain in the arse above the exhaust, and drive on. And it was about 40 degrees with 40 mph wind, no shop doors.

Yeah, it's not as cold as your story, but I'm from Texas. I don't deal with temps below 50. ;D

Comment

I'm from Southern California (Fontana) two and half years up here and the cold is still biting. All the more incentive to try and get that 6,000sq ft. shop....and live in it! ;D

Comment

Your a junkie when your 3 year old sons bed time stories consist articles from your favorite car mag...

You know in your heart that your car will never be "finished" no matter how nice or fast it is

Comment

Got a space heater? My fingers and toes are going numb just looking at that pic.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Reminds me of the time I helped my brother-in-law replace a starter in his S-10 4X4. It was the middle of December and there was about a foot of snow on the ground. It was around 15 degrees outside. We used a Hibachi grill to help keep our hands warm.

Comment

Why are we having another one of these topics when there's already one with 9 pages of CarJunkie "facts"? ;)

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I don't know but I'll add to this one too.
                        Somebody tells you of a car for sale.You ask the condition,and when they say "pretty good"or "excellent" you say "CRAP" because you know it's out of your price range.
                        And the inalienable truth of being a Car Junkie smacks me upside the head everyday when I see my SS S10 with the driver's fender and box off and awaiting cab corners in my back yard,my 'Cuda engineless and scattered about the upstairs and downstairs of my parent's barn,and also remember that I owe storage on my Charger which is in another dude's garage!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                          Why are we having another one of these topics when there's already one with 9 pages of CarJunkie "facts"? ;)

I kind of wondered the same thing.....

When I was bolting up stuff under the Skylark I put that cardboard box (Passenger side :P the the carport in photo) on the up wind side of the car with a small space heater under the car, pretty much only good to periodically thaw my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                            You know your a car junkie when you see friends on TV in the audience at the Barrett Jackson auction.
                            You know your a car junkie when you see you friends on TV in the audience at the Barret Jackson auction.....then it occurs to you that you are the car junkie because you actually build your cars and drive them, not buy them and let them sit.......

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar

umm... Carjunkies think alike and post the same stories!!!

honest I missed it... serious!! it's what happens when your computer time is so close to bed time... too tired to read EVERYTHING!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X