Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    as a musician, ..
    I'm not a musician Patrick. I'm a player. Musicians can keep time, but I cannot. And musicians are artists, as in flaky and unpredictable.

Musicians can keep time, but they can't TELL time, as in what time and which day is band practice. Just sayin. I'm only a player. The guitar is the only thing I have in common with a musician. In my life I've attempted to have fun with a lot of musicians, and I'm not at all one of their bunch. I don't fit at all.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      it's up to what the other folks on the track do. Those are the folks I can't rely on. That's the X-factor.
      That is exactly the reason for overkill safety equipment dude, it's not for the mistakes you make, it's a contingency for the crap that others put before you. As a Starter, I've seen a few fatalities by guys who where much more prepared than these basics measures and with no other driver's on the track. Safety is job one .. no amount of fun is worth your life.

Comment

I'm prepared to be dead wrong on this but I think that's a baritone guitar (or strung like one). My strings on the Rickenbacker are WAY thicker than those.

Dan

Comment

I've got to get Red ready NOW. I'll be working so many hours this coming week, and getting off late in the day on Friday...we're not going to convoy to the race track. There's not enough time on that end to change everything out. Wheels and brake pads. Doing it NOW. We'll drive Red to the track with the track pads on there.

Street wheels off, track wheels not yet on, they're still way upstairs. What an idiot I was to put them upstairs. But that's where I wanted them to be. Sue is loving our new kitchen decorations...

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000843.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1151469
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Back in the day a kid rebuilr a Muncie 4 speed on the kitchen table in his apt... Wife was not happy, both were 17 with a baby..

Comment

Had a complete engine ( except block ) in bedroom when I was 19, Mom WASN'T HAPPY!! Peewee you know I luv ya, but you got this! Quit worrying you have the skills for this. You don't have to go all out ( but you will ) to start with. And I agree with the steps up in safety along with the speed. Put a 6 point in my Nova when I started dipping into the 7's in the ⅛ mile, I like me!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
              X