Chores Before Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chores Before Racing

Sue Unit doesn't nag and carry on. I love Sue Unit. She'll say something mildly......ONCE. That's her presentation. Hopefully I'm not too engrossed in a video or whatever on the computer to actually hear it. Because she won't say it again.

A couple days ago she looked out the window and said, "The gutters need cleaning." I heard that. I hate a ladder worse than anybody, but yes, the gutters need cleaning.

And she doesn't have to tell me when the grass needs cutting. When our yard is the worst-looking one in the entire neighborhood, I'll cut it. Then, and ONLY then. I wish we could sell the yard and keep the house, I don't care shit about the yard or how it looks, but Unit surely does. A blight is what I let it get to be, a blight. And Unit loves the flowers, and when the yard and the flowers don't match, I have to do something about it. I have to, I MUST mow the weeds that look just like grass after you mow the whole mess. But it only looks good for a few days after that, and it all grows back again.

This afternoon I cleaned the gutters and mowed the weeds, like a new haircut. Okay, that's done, let's go racin' boys! It's all but load the car and drive to the track.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

My hero.

Comment

Peewee I'll let you in on a secret. I do the mowing with a phone - no muss no fuss. Now it's on a schedule and it just happens like magic whether or not I'm even here. The gutters get hosed when the pressure washer guy comes, every other year or so. That seems to be enough but we deliberately bought a house with no trees - instead we enjoy looking at the neighbors trees. Works great!

It's taken ME 25+ years to learn that "the gutters need cleaning" is NOT the same as "would you please clean the gutters". One is (in my world) an observation (and I usually agree) and the other is a request for action to which I usually respond though generally not in her timeframe. It's a man/woman thing.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; March 28, 2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Helped Tammy with the spring cleaning on the kitchen after work...does that count???
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We're getting ready to race a day before Getting Ready to Race Day. Because I'm working at work and we'll have to drive toward the track Friday afternoon, after work, no matter how tired I am.

I'm sure glad we did what we did today. The last time we ran, Unit's 5-point harness, it was choking her. Because we had jacked her seat so far backward and tilted it so many ways getting the back seat unloaded at the track.....We put Unit in it this evening and figured it out. All the way back and tilted four fingers forward away from the shark bar. That was comfortable for her, we can re-create that at the track in a jiffy with that formula. The right angles. And the belts work as should.

We took the belts off and put them back on during the blower project, to get to the dastardly gas tank opening, had to re-install them afterward.. I'm sure glad we did that check, because I tested my belts too, and the one on the right shoulder was wrapped wrong. It went over the keeper instead of under it. So the left side one would tighten all the way down to my lap, the leftover strap to pull from that is, and the right side one, it was all the way up on my shoulder blade, could barely reach it to pull on it. I'm glad we checked that, I can't think of anything more to check.

Time to go racin.
          Last edited by pdub; March 29, 2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Trim your hedges first...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Trim your hedges first...
              Next Juvember.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Next Juvember.
                Ah, a month that ends in "er". Gotcha!