X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original model A running

oil was 4o+ years old.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Cool to see it running. Somebody should tell Ike how to use a Crescent wrench - when he was removing the oil plug he was pulling on the adjustable jaw which is a good way to round over the flats on the plug (they tend to spread the jaws open that way). An old mechanic told me that "you never pull on a dead horse" which was supposed to mean that the adjustable jaw was kind of "dead" compared to the fixed jaw though I'm not sure the analogy works. Still, I've remembered it for 55 years or so so I guess that was a good memory tool.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Cool to see it running. Somebody should tell Ike how to use a Crescent wrench - when he was removing the oil plug he was pulling on the adjustable jaw which is a good way to round over the flats on the plug (they tend to spread the jaws open that way). An old mechanic told me that "you never pull on a dead horse" which was supposed to mean that the adjustable jaw was kind of "dead" compared to the fixed jaw though I'm not sure the analogy works. Still, I've remembered it for 55 years or so so I guess that was a good memory tool.

Dan
      he does have a boss. He seems to have the quick pace of laborer.
      I would have kept bad habits too, if it were not for air force training. My dad and I were apes with his rigs.

I still keep my toolboxes with the spots to hold all sockets and wrenches in order. Can't have big piles.I keep a lot of peeves.

I wonder how many watch and not mention the oil pan should have been removed to get the rest of the goo out...
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm surprised that the "Positive ground" confused him. As a rule of thumb, EVERYTHING is positive ground on 6 volt systems. It wasn't until the "modern age" (1955) when most everything went to 12 volt, that "Negative" became what we typically call 'Ground'.
        I think maybe Packard and Studebaker had some 6 volt stuff after 1955, but I am not sure of that.
        Nice to see him get that fired up, he seemed pretty excited!
        See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Working...
        X