What to Do With a Turkey Fryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post
    The next morning, there's the "hangover".....what do you do with the oil?
    Myself and lots of guys I know......after it cools we strain it right back into the jugs it came in. All ready to use next time. The oil does not really go bad, it just gets contaminated, similar to our engine oils.

Even if it did harbor germs of some description - could they really survive the next round of boiling oil? Doubtful. Nom nom nom....no worries here.

(see how I tied it back to Bangshift there? Now its relevant again, and we won't have to toss ya Pdub. No thanks necessary, just a service I provide to all parts donators.)
    Last edited by STINEY; April 11, 2017, 06:54 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

(see how I tied it back to Bangshift there? Now its relevant again, and we won't have to toss ya Pdub. No thanks necessary, just a service I provide to all parts donators.)
      I'm glad I'm at least good for "something."

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You just need to eat more fried food. I was just telling the wife we need to get ours out again. Deep fried turkey is good stuff!
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          You just need to eat more fried food. I was just telling the wife we need to get ours out again. Deep fried turkey is good stuff!
          It sure is. I wasn't watching the episode close enough. Those guys made off with the pot and the burner, with our blessing, but they left behind 3.75 gallons of peanut oil in jugs. There we go, a row of jugs full of oil beside the street. Just sitting there. As presented, maybe they only wanted the pot to wash car parts in....or something. But they took the burner and the pot, that's all they took. They left all of the money behind. I don't know if the city will take that stuff..... Dang....
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I'll bite....I'm in trouble already, so how do you know it works? HHAhhahahah!!!!
            im so poor i cant even pay attention, therefore i am used to
            beating sh*t together between two rocks to make it work.

the pistons in the 454 vette in my avatar went on the rods
            this way (fry daddy purchased at a yard sale for $5...)
            thus saving me the $80 the machine shop wanted to press
            them on....

i LOVE being able to " make something outta nothing", as my
            appalatian american friends call it...

Comment

Working...
            X