Kid is pushing his luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid is pushing his luck

So it's been two years, $550,000 of insurance money and a few thousand of my own and today while delivering on his bike in downtown Indy a car did a U turn in front of him and he hit it .Mostly scraps and bumps thank God .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

at least all of his luck isn't bad... hoping he finds a less dangerous career... our thoughts are with you...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Not for bad luck, no luck?
        I'm one to talk, wrecked road bike, no hospital, fixedit and back on the road..
        Bicycle... Different story..
        Can't be afraid to do stuff, but to skateboard again would be stupid..
        Maybe a motorbike helmet on bicycle?
        Again, I'm one to talk..son and I were only 2 without helmets on Sat of 4 bikes/quads

Comment

Dang. Just Dang. Hate it for him, and you and Paula. Hope he heals well and quickly.

Comment

Sending more best wishes and ME and the Episkies keep on praying. Bummer!

Dan

Comment

you really need to build a roll bar around him. He needs to follow the advice I give to another friend - keeping your guardian angels from boredom is cool, but at some point you'll give them PTSD. Don't give an angel PTSD, it will not work out well for you.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've heard of a Bubble Boy, but a Roll-Bar Boy ?
                Good luck !

Comment

Hang in there,
                  glad that guardian angel had him run into
                  car instead of the other way around.
                  He'd still be in the hospital if the car hit him.
                  Glad he's OK
                  R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
                  Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
                  Real SH 2019

Comment

I don't quite know what to do with that info Dan B......that's.....DANG. That's.....gyah.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Aah , we take it with a grain of salt . The Lord is in control . But of course He expects you to use your common sense . Hopefully he will get a inside job now as this is actually his third but worst car / bike fracus . I think He has spoken . Now the boy needs to listen .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I agree that the Lord is in control, and I also believe that the kid is NOT. There is such a thing as a calculated risk (land speed, every kind of racing), but that risk is calculated. Perhaps poorly calculated, but calculated nonetheless.

Heck, just driving to work is dangerous.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          you really need to build a roll bar around him. He needs to follow the advice I give to another friend - keeping your guardian angels from boredom is cool, but at some point you'll give them PTSD. Don't give an angel PTSD, it will not work out well for you.
                          Sometimes angels go away. You are a war veteran then.

I'd rather bang my head in a bike ride.
                          Hope the unlucky stunt man recovers again. Maybe he is going for symmetry. One lump on each side.

There is ghost limbs.. but ghost half a head. That has got to be difficult.

this song.

538 million people listened.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 11, 2017, 06:06 AM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                          X