X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

The Demon is $90K and won't be anywhere for several months
    sorry-misunderstood you. thought you ment the demon was $45k and
    could i match that with all the bells and whistles...

i still say (as you did) its a purpose built car, and for half or less i could
    build you a purpose built car that will run faster. no, it wont have a warranty,
    iir conditioning, etc.. or go 50K miles, but thats why its HALF the cost--for faster.

remember, "purpose built", right?

Comment

Purpose built cars, hell, project cars in GENERAL are always more expensive than they appear. I once started on a dragster for brackets. Figured 9s would be cheap. Loved my Mopars. Ever priced a short tail kit for a Torqueflite?

​Point is that while I may lust after and fantasize about a Demon I don't covet one or pursue it in any fashion.

However nobody talks about Hellcat scarcity and resale prices DO appear to be falling.

​And to poke the corner turning bear upon research the Demon's spring rates are pretty well Foobar for anything but Drag Racing and I don't think any kind of shock absorber adjustment could offset that. But I still think one or another magazine will wrestle it around a road course. After all DF off roaded a Viper, and a Hellcat.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Purpose built cars, hell, project cars in GENERAL are always more expensive than they appear. I once started on a dragster for brackets. Figured 9s would be cheap. Loved my Mopars. Ever priced a short tail kit for a Torqueflite?
        i hear yah. i pretty much figure what i "think" its going to cost
        and then automatically triple it--and quadruple the time i think
        its going to take as well.

and i STILL end up over budget and way WAY longer than that
        pretty much every time, hah hah....

Comment

Purpose built cars. That's the danged fun of it. And doing what they are purposefully meant to do, driver skill or not, it's all equal ground and nobody is a pro in the intermediate class....

We can't have fun moments every moment of every day. Unit gets me all the time, like, "Are you watching that video AGAIN?"

Yes, I am. That video is the only trophy you bring home from a Track Day event. That, and the car you took back home still in one piece. I want to re-live it until we're someday able to do that again.

Track day is not a race. You all respect each other and stay off of each other because it's all just a whole bunch of fun. But that danged yellow Dodge at Daytona...it for sure had more short-term acceleration than Red did in Red's stock configuration. That was just FUN. Dodge drives away, I catch back up getting up to top end through the tri-oval, the fastest part of the track when using the infield road course. I end up feathering the throttle, waiting in that part of the track...for two laps. Wait, wait wait.... We're both going, I dunno, 120-130 mph, because the Dodge is not going any faster than that, it doesn't appear capable of going faster than that. But remember we're ALL amateurs.

Does the Dodge driver ever notice I'm all over it, waiting? Not every time. That depends on the other driver. On Track Day you surrender and let the faster car pass if you're paying attention at all to what's going on around you. That's just too much fun, all of it, especially at Daytona. I think I like Daytona best of all. Well, I KNOW I do, but it's extremely pricey and a long way from here. But I bet we do it one more time. Probably ONLY one more time. One more time to let Red's blower blow and see what he''ll do with that thing on there.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Knew a guy who had a stripped 64 Mopar, built for cornering.. Saw him run from the cops 2 times. The cops had NO CHANCE! maybe in 75-76..
            A friend who also knew him told me in 80 or so he took it all apart after one such run and the motor was still warm when they hid it in a pickup box out back.. "Sorry officer weren't me in my car... See.. No motor/tranny" driveline was still attached and tranny fluid everywhere
            He considered himself very lucky.. It all was reinstalled on a different Mopar but was not the same..

Comment

Back in the day, the original lightweight challengers were great handling cars... today, I just can't get over the fact that the new challengers are based on the overweight 300 platform.....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Stay with this if you can...30 years ago....

When I was going through my first divorce, I got relegated to my parents' house, the house I grew up in. When they say you can't go back home, I know what that means. By then my parents were elderly and I wasn't a kid anymore, but I was still the kid to them, regardless of my age. No, that wasn't right.

So I holed up in my old childhood bedroom, actually closed the door to stay away from my parents (again), and read books. Lots of books, on paper, that was my freedom to make the clock move forward on a day-to-day basis. I was into non-fiction. History, autobiographies. Lots of stuff about war and war heroes.

World War II. There was one book I read about WWII guys which covered the fact that when a lot of those guys came back home after the war, they never found that sort of a vivid feeling again. Not that they ever wanted to see death and destruction and them getting shot at and stuff again, it was just that it was all so vivid when that was happening. Those guys came back knowing the difference between living and dying, they had seen them both.

Where am I going with this....as far as vivid.....I'm only talking about vivid, that's all. Vivid to me is going 143 at Daytona. That's not much in the history of the world or in the history of anything else, but at least I wasn't getting shot at while it was happening. And we can do all of that because of the real men that went and protected us all before we ever got here.
                Last edited by pdub; May 2, 2017, 06:54 PM.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                X