Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the original monster truck pull.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I changed my mind..
    wait for the double stack about halfway through.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

Wow the trucks were impressive .Looked like a great way to rip out a clutch , And to the guy saying " lets see you do this with your pick up " , he is right trucks are for working and that is not what you do with a $60,000 to $85,000 new pick up. I don't care how many sets of tires are one the back or how big a diesel is in the front . I would have thought a bid 4x4 farm tractor would have been needed to hill billy move that thing .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Wow the trucks were impressive .Looked like a great way to rip out a clutch , And to the guy saying " lets see you do this with your pick up " , he is right trucks are for working and that is not what you do with a $60,000 to $85,000 new pick up. I don't care how many sets of tires are one the back or how big a diesel is in the front . I would have thought a bid 4x4 farm tractor would have been needed to hill billy move that thing .
        there is a forgotten spell in history where gas had to prevail. during and after ww2.. maybe the great depression triggered it.
        I learned it when I was a boy.. a 1956(?) tow truck, heavy as all hell. 4&2 speed.. one barrel carb, and a 283.
        they did it all with gearing.

that mentality haunted tractor trailers with wimpy diesels into the early 80s. Dropping 4 gears to 60k pounds..
        ridiculous today.

GMs gas adventure peaked at that v12 the air force was using.

When i see aluminum LS and heavy duty in the same sentence, I think of this old plague of suffering.

even my 96 truck with the 5 speed and 305.. that extra low 1st in 4lo can tug at dad's rig. I am a fan of the cummins and nv4500. Not all that old yet.

there are some lessons never gone away.. like keeping the location of first gear deep up front in the tranny and beefy. Avoid using reverse for big tug jobs, etc etc.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 30, 2017, 08:21 AM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
        X